Is there such a thing as one food that cures almost anything?
It seems like a big order to fill. Surprisingly, there is something that comes fairly close to accomplishing this. Can you guess which food it is? Here are some clues. People around the world have consumed it for a millennium, and academics have written peer-reviewed articles, in the thousands, on its virtues.
Care to make a calculated guess? Are you stumped?
Here are some of its benefits:
- It has antioxidant effects
- It has anti-inflammatory effects; natural treatment for arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Natural pain killer
- Chinese use it as a treatment for depression
- Boosts fat burning
- Keeps blood sugars level
- Reduces triglycerides
- Natural liver detoxifier
- Used to disinfect cuts and burns
- Speeds up wound healing
- Used as an ingredient in facial masks to beautify skin
Do you know what it is?
The 1 food that cures almost anything is turmeric!
Turmeric is a key ingredient in curry and it dates back 4000 years to Ayurvedic Medicine. It is a bright yellow-orange colored spice with a mellow flavor. You can add turmeric to boiling water when you cook pasta, to roasted vegetables, salads, yogurt, or make tea with it. It can be made into a paste and applied to the skin. It is very versatile.
How much do you need to take every day, to reap its benefits?
In the article, “Learn how to take the right dosage of turmeric for your body” *- David Gutierrez says this about turmeric:
- For treating specific health conditions, the therapeutic adult dose is 2-3 grams
- This dose should not be given to children under two years old
- Children over two and adults older than 65 years old should start with the lesser amount
- Turmeric’s effectiveness can be boosted by 2000% by taking it with as little as ⅛ teaspoon of black pepper
- Turmeric should always be consumed with some fat. You can mix it with 2 teaspoons of oil, yogurt or milk.
For example, you may decide to mix turmeric with olive oil, add a dash of black pepper, and sprinkle it over a salad. Or, you might mix it with your favorite yogurt. If you are feeling adventuresome make Turmeric Tea. The recipe is found below.
Isn’t it wonderful to learn about a food that has stood the test of time, and cures almost anything?
Turmeric Tea Recipe
Total time to make 5 minutes. Serves 2.
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (either powder or grated root)
- Pour coconut milk and water into the saucepan and warm for 2 minutes
- Add butter, raw honey, and powder for another 2 minutes.
- Stir and pour into glasses.
* Liquid Gold Recipe: https://draxe.com/recipe/turmeric-tea-recipe/