Do you accept yourself as you are or do you wish you looked differently? If you’re like most women, you’d probably like to be little thinner, right? Or maybe you’d like to have longer legs, thinner thighs, or bigger/smaller breasts.
Can you imagine what it would be like to just accept your body the way that it is? Can you fathom how freeing that would be? To not be concerned about what you look like all the time and just to go about your business accepting yourself as you are.
What would it take for you to be able to live in acceptance?
What would it take to feel good about where you are right now and just be happy?
Here’s a short list of some of the things you can do to achieve this:
- Stop comparing yourself to others…especially women in magazines and on TV. They are not real.
- Begin to affirm daily that the world needs you just the way you are…truly.
- Remind yourself that confidence and a healthy self-esteem speak volumes.
- Know that you are so much more than just your body.
- Remember that happiness is a state of mind. We make the choice whether we want to be happy or not.
- Believe that no matter how you feel about your body, the gifts you have to offer the world will never change. You just need to allow yourself to shine today…not when you reach your ideal weight.
- Know that acceptance is a journey that has many ups and downs. Your best chance of thriving in the down times is to move toward acceptance.
One day you’ll look back and wonder why you were so unaccepting of yourself. You’ll wonder why you wasted so much time hiding out, hating your body, feeling “less than”, and comparing yourself to others and coming up short.
Or, you could start moving into a state of acceptance now and not waste anymore precious time disliking yourself. You could just be happy and accept yourself today…not X number of pounds from now.
Time is precious. You are precious. Open your eyes to this fact today…not later.
Acceptance is within your reach.