Make Someone Fall in Love?
The surprising answer is yes … sort of.
While we imagine the process of falling in love to be magical, mystical, and mostly out of our control, the fact is that there is actually a formula for triggering romantic feelings in another person.
Some people are naturally seductive, and can’t help but spread a little amor wherever they go. We say those folks (male and female) have the charisma or “it”—an instant appeal that transcends physical appearance, talents, wealth, and all other qualities you may think you need to find a quality mate. In fact, charm can be learned—you don’t need to be born with it, and you certainly don’t need to be extraordinarily blessed with beauty or wealth to create attraction in others. We can’t cover every nuance of creating instant attraction in this article, but the formula itself is simple:
Bypass your date’s rational mindset and trigger his romantic instinct.
- Bypass his rational brain. Seeking to impress others with your accomplishments, physical appearance, and smarts will trigger your date’s rational mindset and encourage him to assess and evaluate you logically—“Is she a 10 or a 2?”—throwing ice-cold water on more tender and protective feelings. When we activate a man’s rational brain, we unwittingly get in the way of his mating/bonding impulse.
- Trigger his impulsive/instinctive mindset. Create a mood that allows his instincts to take over. In an impulsive state, we don’t rationally evaluate someone’s amazing qualities and qualifications. (That comes later when we’re considering a committed relationship.) Both men and women delight in an attraction that “doesn’t make sense” or that we can’t quite explain—that instinctive pull toward someone we barely know.
So how can you trigger romantic instincts in a real-world situation, like a date? While it’s true that some basic level of physical attraction has to exist first (you are a man’s “type” for example), there are steps you can take to ensure that initial attraction leads to an emotional bond:
- Practice the Art of Gentle Conversation. A constant chatter and noisy activity are ways to avoid the potential awkwardness of silence. But all that buzz suppresses our natural instincts. The next time you have a conversation with someone—a friend, a coworker, anyone—try to observe the natural ebb and flow of your words. Do you frequently interrupt, fill space, or work doggedly to “get your point across”? Instead, practice engaging with people in a more gentle way—floating on the surface of the conversation is one way to visualize it—and let go of the need to direct everyone toward your opinions and views.
- Spread Peace. When you settle into a friend’s sofa for a long chat and a cup of tea, you are naturally welcoming, open, and languorous. Your friend knows she can talk about anything with you, without judgment, and that she has your full attention. That’s the peaceful feeling you want to bring with you on dates. Put away your phone, remove your watch, and move slowly, as if you have all the time in the world (everyone knows you don’t). If this is a first meeting, then agree ahead of time to keep it appropriately brief—but that doesn’t mean you should act rushed, distracted, or like this date is yet another “task” in a long day of multitasking.
- Let Your Eyes Do The Talking. More than 20 years ago, social psychology researcher Arthur Aron demonstrated that sustained eye contact can produce feelings of love between total strangers. (Some of Dr. Aron’s study participants actually went on to marry their randomly-selected gazing partner.) That’s how powerful eye contact can be in creating a feeling of intense emotional connection. If you’re practicing “gentle” conversation and bringing a peaceful quality to your interactions with men, your eyes will naturally begin to speak for you. Be careful: aggressively seeking out a stranger’s eyes can be interpreted as a sexual invitation—a signal you may not have intended. But in conversation, returning a man’s gaze and holding sustained eye contact are wonderful ways to show respect, interest, and build rapport and connection.
The time is NOW to heal what is within ~ mind, body and spirit.
Achieving your goals through unblocking your chakras 7 week live online class. Your workbook gets you started ‘doing the work’ as soon as you sign up. Our Live class allows interaction with Kim and Mitchell, Q&A, a guided meditation, nutrition information and one on one time for selected attendees. Start now for 2016 to be free of blocks and full of health, happiness, success and wellness you deserve.
Get all of the details by clicking the link above.