Is Your Inner Child Pulling You Part 2 — Late joining this series? Catch up on Part 1!
Is Your Inner Child Pulling You? Part 2: Tips for Nurturing your Inner child
Developing a sense of fun in and around your environment will nurture the relationship between you and your inner child. Here are a few ideas on how to do this:
- Put a few stuffed animals on your bed after you make it.
- Buy crayons and coloring books and take time to color.
- Buy a personal trampoline. The physical activity will not only reduce your stress level, but it will also remind you of how much you enjoyed bouncing around as a child.
- Have a dance party. Dancing will also ward off stress. It is a creative avenue of expression that spans across different age groups. People of all age groups love to dance. Use dancing as a way to connect with your inner child that also honors your adult desires and interests.
- Creative writing, journaling or drawing can be an excellent source of expressing your creativity for you and your inner child. Together, you can have fun creating in this way nurturing that connection.
- If you have kids of your own, nieces or nephews, try to see the world through their eyes. Do fun things together and adopt their carefree attitude.
- When you are doing chores around the house, enlist the help of your inner child and make it into a game for more fun.
- Go to the park and enjoy the swing set. Swing as high as you dare, just like you did when you were a child. Laugh while you are doing it!
I’ll bet that reading the above tips have brought back a flood of memories from when you were a child. Implementing these tips will not only help you rekindle the relationship between you and your inner child; it will bring that sense of wonderment and fun back into your life. Let your inner child guide you to have a carefree attitude in life by allowing yourself to see it through his or her eyes.
Give some or all of these a try. Have fun doing these exercises and introduce that sense of wonder and delight back in your life, every day. If you are interested in learning more, you can sign up for Sheila Applegate’s Make Adulting Great Again life hacks where you will receive one tip per day. These are excellent doable exercises that will help you bring more fun into your life! Get your Adulting Hacks Here!
Which tip resonates the most with you?
Feel free to share in the comments section below which ones stimulated your memories. Share a specific activity of your own that brings out your inner child!
Permit yourself to view the world with wonder and to let your mind be free.
Let’s jump on that trampoline and find our happy inner child attitude!
If we could see the world through the eyes of a child, we could see the magic in everything. — Chee Vai Tang