Juicing comprises of extracting liquids from plants, fruits, and vegetables into a more natural, fluid content, which provides tremendous health benefits for the body.
Whether using a food processor, blender, grater or manual techniques, juicing is a practice, which has been around for several decades. It is said to be the ultimate raw food diet. In comparison to other diets, juicing provides an adequate amount of nutrients and vitamins, which are quickly absorbed by the body.
The fiber it provides helps to keep the digestive system running smoothly thus promoting wellness and longevity. Fresh juices made from fruits and vegetables nourish the body by providing needed enzymes, minerals, and vitamins. Juices are filled with antioxidants, which eradicate free radicals caused by pollution, radiation, and sun exposure.
15 Benefits of Juicing:
- Treats allergies
- Detoxes the liver
- Fulfills daily requirement of vegetable and fruit intake (5 per day)
- Cancer Prevention
- Boosts Immunity
- Alternative for water (90% water)
- Renewed Vitality/Energy
- Weight Loss
- Better Digestion
- Heals chronic ailments
- Regulates reproductive system
- Diminishes body odor
- Reduces Insomnia
- Improves mental health
Ways of Juicing:
- Manually chopping fruits and vegetables and straining juice into a jug.
- Juicer for citrus fruits
- Food Blenders- puree fruits, herbs and vegetables
- Hand-held Blender
- Osterizer by Oster™
Reasons Why Juicing Detoxification Is Beneficial:
- Juicing allows the body to rest and heal. Less digestive activity helps the stomach to renew itself through the elimination of waste and toxins from the body.
- The liver gets a new lease on life- cleanses and rejuvenates the liver
- A juice fast rehydrates the body allowing it to function more efficiently despite abstinence from regular food.
- Cells are restored because factors, which may block DNA functioning, are reduced.
*Note: A juice fast may not be for everyone, therefore, it is best to check with your healthcare provider before embarking on such a diet.
Juicing is used for weight loss endeavors because it cleanses the colon thoroughly. Once the toxins are removed from the blood, it becomes cleaner which energizes the mind and metabolism.
A juice fast facilitates proper weight loss goals by resolving issues caused by years of improper nutrition, stress, and accumulation of toxins in the body. It allows participants to wipe their food consumption slate clean. After the fast is complete, they can to begin anew with foods, which are more nutritious and less harmful to the system.
Nourishment from Juicing for Pre-Exercise:
The body requires complex carbohydrates to withstand rigorous exercises. Fruit and vegetable juices are viable sources since they are filling and provide boosts in energy.
- Juices increase oxygen in the blood, which results in less fatigue or being “winded”
- Reduces inflammation
- Increases blood count
- Improved respiratory function
The Necessity of Juices After Exercising:
- Satisfies thirst
- Reboots system, restores energy, health, and immunity
- Replenishes electrolytes
- Repairs and soothes aching muscles
*Note: Green Juices are best for post workout routines
Fruits and Vegetables Great for Juicing from A-Z:
- Apples: Digestion
- Beetroot: Removes fat
- Broccoli: Repairs nervous system
- Cabbage: Detoxifies
- Carrots: Fights infections/diseases
- Celery: Anti-Cancer
- Cherries: Boosts Immunity
- Cranberries: Diuretic
- Kale: Removal of toxins
- Kiwi: Anti-aging
- Papaya: Protects DNA
- Parsley: Reduces risk of disease
- Peach: Healthy circulation
- Pear: Osteoporosis
- Spinach: Cancer prevention
- Tomato: Prevents blood clots
- Wheatgrass: Hunger suppressant
To get the maximum benefits from a juice cleanse or fast, the herbs, fruits, and vegetables should be farm fresh or organically grown.
It is best to introduce juicing gradually into the diet so that you can to gauge your body’s reaction to the detoxification process.
Whether negative or positive each reaction will confirm whether or not juicing is for you. By making subtle, positive changes, this allows the body the time it needs to adjust to the newly found health benefits and restoration of wellness.