Author: Theresa Nicassio, PhD
Recipe Type: Dessert
Special Diets: Low Glycemic (GI), Grain-Free, Paleo
- 2 cups shredded or desiccated unsweetened coconut
- ⅔ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓–½ cup smooth, unsalted,
- unsweetened peanut butter or other nut/seed butter or soy (nut-free) nut butter alternative
- 1 tsp–1 tbsp maple or yacon syrup, to preferred sweetness
- 1 tsp Chicory Root Inulin with Stevia or favourite sweetener
- ½ tsp blackstrap molasses
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- Stir all the ingredients well in a bowl then press into candy moulds, ensuring the oil is evenly distributed to all candies.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until solid.
- Store in the refrigerator for several days (if they last that long) and for over a month in the freezer in a sealed container.