Understanding your 7 Chakras how they work, what they control and how to know if they are out of balance.
Some have heard of your Chakras, but did you know that they control all of your body, your glands and your emotions?
There are a variety of health problems that may be caused by Chakra imbalances affecting the associated Endocrine Glands resulting in numerous health conditions and illnesses.
First, let me introduce you to your 7 Chakras
1. Root Chakra is located at the base of your spine
2. Sacral Chakra is located below your navel
3. Solar Plexus Chakra is located above your navel
4. Heart Chakra is located in the center of your chest
5. Throat Chakra is located in the throat
6. Brow or Third Eye Chakra is located in the middle of the forehead
7. Crown Chakra is located at the top of the head
These 7 Chakras are the energy centers in our body in which energy flows through.
Now you know where your Chakras are located, let me introduce you to the Endocrine System.
What is the the Endocrine system? It is part of the body’s main control mechanism. It is comprised of a number of ductless glands that produces hormones, they act as chemical messengers, that are secreted into the bloodstream from particular organs, the endocrine system works to maintain the body in a state of optimum health. Your Endocrine Glands consist of the following…
1. The Pineal Gland…is best known for the secretion of the hormone melatonin. It is an important part of the body’s circadian timing system and can synchronise daily rhythms.
2. Pituitary Gland…the body’s ‘master gland’ it controls the activity of most other hormone-secreting glands this gland is attached to the hypothalamus. It sends signals to different organs and glands throughout the body to regulate their function
3. Pancreas…serves two vital purposes. It aids in food digestion and produces hormones that mainly serve to control levels of energy in the blood
4. Ovaries…produce and release eggs, also produce the female hormones estrogen and progesterone.
5. Testes…two oval shaped male reproductive glands that produce sperm and the hormone testosterone.
6. Thyroid…. produces hormones which regulate the body’s metabolic rate as well as heart and digestive function, muscle control, brain development and bone maintenance.
7. Parathyroid… important in tightly controlling calcium levels in the bloodstream to ensure the nervous system and the body’s muscles can work properly, and also that bones remain strong.
8. Hypothalamus …. to maintain homeostasis, or to keep the human body in a stable, constant condition. It responds to a variety of signals from the internal and external environment including body temperature, hunger, feelings of being full up after eating, blood pressure and levels of hormones in the circulation.
9. Adrenal Glands…. secrete different hormones which act as ‘chemical messengers’ they travel in the bloodstream and act on various body tissues to enable them to function correctly.
Each one of these is effected by one of your Chakras.
The following explains each Chakra, the coordinating Gland and symptoms of possible imbalances.
Root Chakra…Red…controls the Adrenal Gland
Physical imbalance…constipation, Anemia, fatigue, lower back pain, Sciatica. Frequent colds or cold hands and cold feet
Emotional imbalance…spacey (confusion) feeling unsafe, depression
Tips… Physical exercise and gardening. Wear red clothing and jewelry to stimulate this Chakra.
Sacral…Orange…controls the Reproductive system
Physical imbalance…painful periods, infertility, impotency and frigidity. Alcohol and drug abuse. Low back pain. Asthma or allergies. candida and yeast infections, urinary problems.
Emotional imbalance…low sex drive, creative blocks, depression, sensuality issues, eating disorders.
Tips… Embrace your feelings. Hot baths and massage. Wear orange clothing and jewelry to stimulate this Chakra.
Solar Plexus…Yellow…controls the Pancreas
Physical imbalance…poor digestion, hypoglycemia, diabetes. Digestive problems, ulcers, constipation, toxicity, parasites, colitis, poor memory.
Emotional imbalance…low self-esteem, lack of will power, nervousness, poor memory.
Tips… Take classes, read, do mind puzzles. Wear yellow clothing and jewelry to stimulate this Chakra.
Heart…Green…controls the Heart & Thymus
Physical imbalance…heart disease, high blood pressure, breathing disorders, chest pain, Breast cancer, immune system problems, muscular tension.
Emotional imbalance…lack of empathy, fear of intimacy, Passivity
Tips… Forgiveness, compassion, acceptance of yourself. Spend time in nature, with family or friends. Wear green clothing and jewelry to stimulate this Chakra.
Throat…Blue…controls the Thyroid
Physical imbalance…Thyroid imbalances, sore throat, swollen glands. Fevers and flu, infections. Mouth, jaw, tongue, neck and shoulders problems. Hormonal disorders such as PMS, mood swings, bloating and menopause.
Emotional imbalance…can’t express feelings, heart & mind disconnect, hyperactivity. Hormonal disorders such as PMS, mood swings, bloating and menopause.
Tips… Learn to express yourself and beliefs. Sing. Wear blue colored clothing and jewelry to stimulate this Chakra.
Third Eye/Brow…Indigo…controls the Pituitary Gland
Physical imbalance…Headaches, eye problems, pituitary and pineal glands, neurological problems.
Emotional imbalance…poor intuition, depression, hormonal imbalance
Tips… Trust your intuition, release hidden and or repressed negative thoughts or emotions. Go outside at night and stargaze to stimulate the Chakra. Wear Indigo colored clothing and jewelry to stimulate this Chakra.
Crown…Violet…controls the Pineal Gland
Physical imbalance…poor sleep, immune system disorders, headaches, skin rashes. Photosensitivity, neuralgia, senility. Right/left brain disorders and coordination problems, Epilepsy. Varicose veins and blood vessel problems.
Emotional imbalance…Mental illness, depression
Tips… Learn about spirituality. Journal, write feelings and dreams down. Wear violet clothing and jewelry to stimulate this Chakra.
Your consciousness, your experience of being, represents everything it is possible for you to experience. All of your senses, all of your perceptions, all of your possible states of awareness, are associated with each Chakra. Your Chakras represent not only particular parts of your physical body but also particular parts of your consciousness. When there is tension or stress in a particular part of your consciousness, your coordinating Chakra is affected, thus causing physical and emotional imbalances and can lead to disease and illness.
Practicing regular meditation, grounding meditations, Chakra opening meditations, Reiki treatments and mindfulness can help open your Chakras. There are several guided meditations on You-Tube that are great for beginners and anyone who feels they need to open them up.
Take back your body. Help alleviate illnesses…stop them in their tracks before they grow into something big. Practice opening your Chakras everyday and see your whole body begin to change and awaken.