Have Yourself A Stress Free Holiday
Are you looking for some ways to get you through the Holidays without being stressed to the max? Here are 10 ways that you can have a stress free holiday season.
- It doesn’t matter what your religion. Don’t forget what this season is all about and that is Giving back and Love. When you can get back to the root of the season and into your heart and forget about the hustle and bustle you can breathe. Let go of any pre-conceived notions and enjoy the gift of giving.
- Forgive! What does forgiveness have to do with the holidays you ask? Everything! If you are suffering in your heart and are holding resentment you will be bitter and probably in a bad mood. That is no fun for you or those around. Look into your heart and find the forgiveness for not only yourself but those whom may have hurt you. Tis the season of Love and look at all that love you have in your heart.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. Do what you can do and don’t get stressed over what you cannot. We all know that the holidays can be full of love but can also be full of anxiety between family gathering and shopping and work. Slow down! Enjoy! If you allow yourself to become so stressed out you cannot fully enjoy all the beauty of the holiday.
- Meditate. When you feel yourself becoming stressed or over anxious take a moment and just breathe…it’s alright, I promise the world will not fall apart if you take a moment for you. Just take 5 minutes and do some deep breathing and allow yourself to relax and catch your breath.
- Are you having dinner for the family? Make it a potluck, where everyone brings something, take the stress off of yourself…you don’t have to do all the cooking. Most are more than willing to lend a dish or a helping hand… let them. Make it a time of togetherness and not stressfulness.
- Before the season actually gets into full swing, set an intention. (Refer to bottom of blog **)
- Smudge. If you have never smudged before, it is a simple and effective tool to use to clear any negative energy that may be in or around you or your home. Buy Sage or White Sage, light it and as it begins to smoke walk through your home concentrating on each corner and doorways to each room. You can also set an intention that all negative energy be removed and that only positive loving energy will reside in your home. You can Google where to buy Sage if you are not sure where to get it.
- To avoid overeating especially at parties, keep a pack of mint gum handy. When you have finished your plate pop a piece of gum in your mouth, this will keep your mind and mouth occupied and keep you from going back for those may be not so wanted 2nd’s. And you can eat a small meal or healthy snack prior to the party so you won’t be so hungry.
- Set Limits. Respect your boundaries, don’t allow yourself to be forced into anything you don’t want to do or are uncomfortable doing. Know that it is alright to say no. And this doesn’t mean for just everyone around you…this can be for yourself as well. When you set healthy boundaries and follow through it creates a wonderful peacefulness inside, because you honored yourself.
- Rest if you must. Don’t allow your body to become taxed and worn out. If you need to and can, take a nap in the afternoon, it’s alright. Make sure that you get a good night’s rest each night. Turn off the TV play some relaxing music and allow your body to rest. You don’t want to get worn out to the point of no energy…then what fun would the holidays be.
- This holiday season will be filled with joy
- I will honor myself during this time
- I have the time to do the things that need to be done
- I will allow others to help me
- I am abundant in all ways.
And so it is.
Whatever your intention may be, write it down and look over it often to remind yourself of what your intention is.
Above all honor yourself and allow yourself to enjoy this holiday season.
I hope you have a Loving and Joyous stress free Holiday!