Many of us easily feel compassion for others, but often find it hard to find compassion for ourselves. Trying to deny feelings of anger or resentment is not the answer. It\’s important to recognize your own feelings without judgment. Being aware of our feelings doesn\’t mean that we must act on them, but helps us be in touch with our own true selves.
The seat of compassion is found in the heart center. This is where we find compassion not only for others but for ourselves as well. Signs of a balanced heart chakra are loving ourselves and those around us and maintaining an attitude of gratefulness for all the many blessings that we all have.
Reiki is one of the most effective ways to heal and balance the heart chakra and #1 on my list. Simply relax comfortably placing your hands lightly on the heart and welcome the flow of energy into your heart for healing to the highest good. Visualize a healing green light spreading over the heart chakra as well as throughout your entire body.
9 other ways to balance and heal the heart chakra:
- Enjoy nature
- Practice yoga
- Forgive yourself and others
- Exercise! Simply walking 20 minutes daily can help to balance and heal the heart chakra.
- Be kind to yourself. Listen to what you are saying to yourself and if you hear negative things, change it to something positive. Often what we say to ourselves are hurtful things that have been said to us in the past. Talk to yourself as you would your best friend. Your voice is the one you hear all the time, so be nice to You!
- Take time out to read a book, have a bubble bath, take a class…anything that you enjoy.
- Keep a journal. Journaling helps you to realize the positive subtle changes that are taking place.
- Visualize a strong green healing light or flame around your heart and throughout your body healing your heart chakra.
- Count your Blessings. Practicing gratefulness may not come naturally to you in the beginning if your heart chakra is out of balance. Make a list (it can be mental) of 5 things you are grateful for each day. Your list can include anything you\’re thankful for, no matter how small. Fake it \’til you make it if need be. It\’s okay if you don\’t feel grateful in the beginning, but by practicing thankfulness, you will develop an “attitude of gratitude.”
Are you feeling alone, overwhelmed or lacking support in your business? Maybe you\’re just simply seeking clarity and in need of a little guidance? If so, then Success 7 is right up your alley and we invite you to watch the short video below!
Sandy holds a BA in Academic Psychology from The University of Tennessee. She is a certified Usui Reiki Master/Teacher and is an affiliate member of the International Center for Reiki Training. She is also a certified Lightarian Reiki Master an Ordained Minister, and a member of The Wellness Universe, She offers both distant and in-person Reiki sessions and teaches all three levels of Usui Reiki. She also channels Lightarian Reiki attunements for Usui and Karuna Reiki Masters.