For many years, I believed that my success would bring me happiness and this has been wrong on every account. Yes, I have been successful in many of the jobs I have undertaken but has that success made me happy? No, and simply because I didn’t LOVE what I was doing.
I thought trading the futures market would bring me happiness because I did enjoy what I was doing, BUT there was a missing ingredient for me which left me unfulfilled. Which was a great NEED in me to be with people and not just numbers and screens.
I had this belief that if I had more money and felt less stressed I would be happy but I’ve discovered it’s the other way around. By being happy in my work and my life, I am happy. I found myself less stressed, financially more secure and even healthier!
What we focus on truly does become our reality. The fact was when I became happier, more positive things came my way. More opportunities opened up in my home life and in business; Like does attract like.
So, if feeling happier can make you better off financially, reduce stress, enjoy better health and make your life a whole lot better, what are you waiting for – START RIGHT NOW!
Here are a few things I did to increase my happiness straight away. Try them out and boost your happy too!
- Increase your exercise or start walking if you don’t do much right now.
- Try a new exercise class, something you haven’t done before, you won’t know if it’s for you unless you TRY!
- Do something today for someone else without any expectation of the outcome.
- Phone, text or email a long-lost friend without any expectation of a reply – you could make someone else’s day.
- Take time out for YOU, just to be peaceful, enjoy your own company.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea alone, be aware of just being you, savouring the peace.
- SMILE – it simply stops negativity in its tracks.
- You might think this is weird but try smiling at yourself in the mirror – it can be quite confrontational.
- Push out of that comfort zone, take a risk, do something you wouldn’t normally do EVERY DAY.
- Look at what scares you, ask yourself why then take that step towards doing one thing towards this today, right now.
- Journal – start writing down the ‘good’ things that happen to you, over time you will see this grow and grow as your happiness gains traction!
- Start a gratitude diary, writing down 5 different things each night before bed that you feel grateful for, feeling the emotion as you write each word.
- Consciously be aware of negative thoughts – simply being aware stops the negative energy increasing.
- Once you are aware of these thoughts you can then say cancel/cancel to start the power of the thought.
- Now you can turn around any negative sentence in a positive way.
- Sing – put the music on in the car or at home and sing your heart out and don’t worry about what others think.
- Say thank you!
- Give your body a boost with some healthy ingredients – fresh fruit, vegetables and some protein.
- Treat yourself – give yourself a little luxury telling yourself that you are worth it.
- Let it go… watch the negativity float away as if it was a passing cloud!
Above all, keep going! You need to exercise your mind with these new practices just as if they were a muscle. The more you do them, the ‘fitter’ your mind will be.
Think about it today. Being happy makes you more attractive; you feel good, you look good, your posture is better, you are healthier and wealthier so what are you waiting for!?
Every successful person I have ever met in life is happy and finds something positive in all that they do.