As a kid growing up in Kennebunkport, Maine, I grew up poor in a rich neighborhood.
What I learned in my family was that poverty was a way of life. Yet, all around me, literally across the street, I saw great wealth and abundance. So, even though I grew up with lack, fear, scarcity, and not enough I saw that there was another way to live. And even though it took me a long time to reach that level of success, now I get to mentor and coach entrepreneurs who want more free time, personal freedom, and financial freedom.
What It Means to Have More Time Freedom:
Having more free time means 3 things:
- Doing what you want to do.
- When you want to do it.
- With whom you want to do it.
For example, before I started SuccessClinic.com in 1997, I had to work a bunch of “survival jobs” just to, well, survive.
And I hated each one. Every day I would go into work and it felt like someone’s hands were around my throat like someone was choking the life out of me. It wasn’t until discovering Afformations® and success anorexia in 1997 that I realized why I was here on Earth, to help people get rid of the head trash that’s holding them back.
Now I get to do what I want to do, when I want to do it, with whom I want to do it most of the time.
Why It’s So Important to Have More Time Freedom:
There are only three resources we have as human beings: time, energy, and money.
Energy, as we learned in high school, is infinite. It just changes forms. And money is just a form of energy. Money acts like the tides, it comes in, it goes out, on and on forever. Yet time is the one resource that can never be replaced. All of Bill Gates’ billions can’t buy one minute of yesterday. Bottom line: When you don’t have free time, you don’t own your life.
Here Are 3 Ways to Have More Time Freedom:
- Keep a journal of all the thing you do during the week.
- At the end of the week, list the things you love to do, and the things you don’t love.
- Make a plan to start delegating the things you don’t love to do but that has to be done.
For example, when I did this exercise, the #1 thing that was killing my joy was email. I simply had too many emails to deal with. So, I made a decision to hire someone to take over that task. That person ended up becoming my Director of Customer Service and has been with me for seven years.
- Not holding yourself back from having more money.
- Having more time to do the things you want to do.
- Getting your foot off the brake in your life, love, and career.
- Not working yourself to the bone, sacrificing family and friends.
- Not stopping yourself from reaching your personal and financial goals.
- Not beating yourself up anymore.
- Feeling the inner peace and self-confidence that highly successful people do.
- Having more impact, influence, and income.
- Living the life you dream of.
You may find that having more time freedom is an important goal of yours.
Share this with a friend who will benefit…
I believe in you!