The New Year period is a great time to implement change and personal growth by setting goals that you want to achieve throughout the upcoming year. Some resolutions are well worth setting, because they can contribute greatly toward helping you live the life you desire, and they are attainable without overly unrealistic expectations.
Here Are 4 New Year’s Resolutions that You Can Keep:
When your body thrives, you have more energy, enthusiasm, and vitality to do everything you want to do. Focus upon setting goals for the specific actions that will provide the results you would like to see.
- For example, rather than stating that you want to lose 25 pounds, try to find achievable goals that will help you release weight and feel healthy. Set resolutions such as enrolling in a yoga class, trying three new types of aerobics, or going for a walk each day after dinner.
- Resolve to bring new experiences into your life. Set goals about new foods that you want to try, eating 3 more vegetable servings each day, or growing your own organic vegetables.
These goals are more fun to reach, but they will contribute to the same end result.
Following the same advice as above, try to avoid setting unrealistic resolutions like “pay off all my debt” or “Put $10,000 away in savings.” Instead, choose goals for specific actions that will get you where you want to be financially.
- For example, you may resolve to save all your spare change and deposit it into your savings account every month.
- Maybe you would like to pick up 3 extra hours at work each week and dedicate those earned funds to your savings account or debt repayment.
- Or make a list of specific money-saving actions like the above that you would like to incorporate into your daily life and add a new action to your routine each week. By the end of the year, you will be an automatic money-saving machine!
Creative goals can absolutely lead to personal enrichment and development. What interests you? Set resolutions to try new things, experience new places, challenge your comfort zone, and learn about yourself all at the same time.
- To get you started, consider resolutions to try new crafts or creative projects, start writing in a journal, take up pottery, or a variety of other creative endeavors. Create a resolution to try a new recipe at least once a month. Or fashion a resolution to hand-make every gift you give, starting at the beginning of the year!!
Intellectual New Year\’s resolutions can also benefit you in many ways. Choose to take a course or seminar on a topic interests you, such as photography, scrapbooking, auto repair, or entrepreneurship.
- New Year\’s resolutions are a great way to find fun and fascinating new ways to challenge yourself.
Above all else, focus upon intentions and resolutions that actually interest you and that are achievable for you. Resolve to do things that will be enjoyable, while also improving your life on all levels of your being.
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? I invite you to open the door.
Find great products and services for your well-being from members of The Wellness Universe!
Moira Hutchison is a Mindset Cultivator, Energy Healer, and Tarot Card Reader. Her specialties range from helping people with broad goals such as accepting change, life planning, and personal balance, to specific goals like gaining motivation and overcoming issues such as procrastination, excess stress and self-sabotage.