Chances are you believe in others way more than you believe in yourself.
You\’re probably the first to encourage a friend to keep going because they have what it takes. But when it comes to encouraging yourself, it\’s easy to shy away due to self-doubt.
It\’s not fair to cheat yourself out of opportunities. Having low self-confidence can cause you to lose out on awesome experiences. And you certainly don’t want that, do you?
Now is the perfect time to start focusing on yourself and work on boosting your confidence. And it\’s surprisingly easy to do. Follow the steps below to boost your confidence and start believing in yourself.
Here are 5 Keys to Believing in Yourself:
Self-doubt is often developed out of hesitation. If you see an opportunity, does it take you a while to go after it? The longer you take to pursue something, the more reasons you\’ll find for justifying your unsuitability for the opportunity.
- Avoid “sleeping on it” if you can decide right away. For a self-doubter, delaying a response usually means losing the confidence to go after the opportunity.
- Do you think you’re not ideal for a new role or project you\’ve been offered? Forget about that for a minute. Focus on the fact that you were actually offered the opportunity for a reason!
Challenge Negative Thinking.
It\’s easy to diminish self-confidence by harboring negative thoughts. But before you accept negative thoughts about yourself as a reality, challenge the thinking.
- Instead of accepting you\’re not good enough, take a moment to think about the facts. Have there been instances which support your negative thinking? If the answer is yes, then remind yourself of your many positive experiences as well.
- Beware of thought patterns that can eat away at your self-esteem. Avoid looking at life as “black or white” and live in the grey area sometimes. You may not have one trait or another, but you could have the perfect combination of what you need for your life!
- Always be sure to differentiate between feelings and facts. Just because something makes you feel a particular way doesn’t mean there’s any truth in it.
Be Kind to Yourself.
As someone who rarely displays self-confidence, you probably give yourself a hard time and consider yourself inadequate or ill-equipped. But when was the last time you were actually kind to yourself?
- Spend some time each day highlighting your positive traits. Remind yourself what makes you beautiful inside and out.
- Celebrate the small successes to help remind yourself that you\’re actually more amazing than you give yourself credit for.
- Try spending some time with positive people. Their energy rubs off quite easily!
Learn to Listen to and Accept Compliments.
Most of the time when people say nice things about you, they mean it! Take the time to really hear what positive things are being said about you. Absorb the thought and believe them!
- If someone says you\’re beautiful, believe them!
- Spend some time listening to the kind things said by others. And remember to say thanks each time. It helps to cement the positive thoughts in your mind.
Recall Your Successes.
This one can be tough. When you\’re down, you\’ll more easily remember the bad instead of the good. And oftentimes, the “rah-rah” pep talk just doesn\’t cut it. So, I suggest writing a list. Grab a piece of paper or small notebook or open a blank document. Now write down your successes, big or small.
- If you\’re a bit bashful about your achievements, ask someone you trust to tell you the great things they think you\’ve done. It\’s refreshing and a great confidence boost.
- Keep your list with you at all times. It will help you find your way back to yourself whenever you get lost.
Over the next 30 days, be patient with yourself. Consider each of these tips on a daily basis. Gradually, as with anything else, practicing self-confidence becomes second nature.
In no time, you\’ll see the world is in the palm of your hand. And you\’ll hear every opportunity calling your name. Aren\’t you excited for that time?
Start building your confidence now and soon you will be believing in yourself, forever!
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? I invite you to open the door.
“Success on Purpose” Hypnotherapy can help to change and redefine your perceptions of your own abilities and resources, and change the negative perceptions you have of yourself. This can have a tremendous effect on the way you think and therefore the way that you behave, helping you to change your behaviour and achieve your goals. Anticipate success, and success can be yours!
How did this article make you feel? Leave your comments for Moira below. Please share this if you liked it. Thank you!
* Please See Our Disclaimer Below *
Find great products and services for your well-being from members of The Wellness Universe!
Moira Hutchison is a Mindset Cultivator, Energy Healer, and Tarot Card Reader. Her specialties range from helping people with broad goals such as accepting change, life planning, and personal balance, to specific goals like gaining motivation and overcoming issues such as procrastination, excess stress and self-sabotage.