Between work, home and social responsibilities, do you often feel that all your time is spent taking care of others?
Neglecting self-care is easy in a busy world, but the consequences can be serious. Adding self-care practices to your daily routine can greatly strengthen your levels of happiness, as well as your health and well-being.
In fact, experts share that the happiest and most successful people regularly focus on self-care!
Here Are Some Simple Self-Care Strategies You Can Integrate Today for More Happiness:
Block Out Time for Self-Care in Your Schedule
It is not enough to occasionally stop your busy lifestyle and take a walk, or indulge in a hot bath. Self-care is an ongoing process. Just as you reserve time in your schedule for other appointments, set aside time to take care of yourself, too.
- It is important to adopt self-care habits that you can enjoy regularly. They will help you avoid burnout, increase your productivity and allow you to enjoy a happy life.
Enjoy Your Favorite Hobby
Whether you love to experiment with new recipes in the kitchen, or paint pictures of sunsets; your favorite hobbies can be part of your self-care routine. Hobbies and activities that you already enjoy are easy to select and put into practice.
- You need to find room in your schedule to do them. This is an important step and shows your commitment to self-care.
Make Note of the Compliments You Receive
You can enjoy this self-care practice even as you work or run errands. You can keep them in a journal, diary, or online folder.
- Your “compliment-folder” can also include emails, notes, thank you cards and other things that make you smile.
- This self-care practice can help you fight negative thoughts. Compliments can serve as reminders that you matter, your existence is important and someone appreciates you.
Whether you decide to de-clutter your closet or clean out the fridge, removing clutter will uplift you. Clutter can drain you physically and mentally. It can also make you unhappy as you try to move through your day.
- Eliminate the things that no longer serve you. For example, if you are keeping clothes in your closet that you hate each time you see them, replace them with clothes that you love.
Do One Selfish Act
Living selfishly all day isn’t recommended, but doing one selfish act that makes you happy can do wonders for you. You can enjoy that one thing without feeling guilty about it.
- If you struggle with self-care, it is often because you spend all of your energy and time taking care of others. There is nothing left for yourself. By taking the time to do one selfish act, such as reading your favorite book or ignoring a boring phone call, you’ll be restoring your own importance.
Self-care often takes a backseat to work, family and other obligations. However, without stopping to care for your mind and body, you’re at risk of burning out and suffering from serious health issues. Start making time for your self-care practices today!
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one-on-one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? You’re invited to open the door.