Chuckle and LOL! Celebrate Belly Laugh Day on January 24, 2021!
We all know that laughter is the best medicine, it’s great for our immune system and nothing feels better than a good belly laugh, right? Of course, in the middle of a pandemic, with all the work, chores, and stresses of life, laughter and fun can be hard to come by. Let’s take a few minutes to focus on bringing more joy and laughter into our days.
- Choose laughter instead of annoyance, aggravation, or irritation. My husband always wants to be early for everything. He rushes me out the door and gets all worked up. Sometimes I get very frustrated, other times I tease him and laugh about it, or I share this habit with friends over drinks, how the more he rushes me the more I slow down. It really is quite comical. We can choose lightness and laughter at any time.
- Sing, dance, and be silly. I can tell my son to do his chores, his homework, or even to go to bed, or I can sing it to him in my special silly and totally off-key way (he loves it, lol). Even if he’s laughing AT me, at least we are laughing. Try singing, rhyming, and doing a little happy dance throughout the day. You might look a tad crazy, but all the best people are!
- Think of three (or more) of your funniest memories, relive them in your head, try to remember all the details. I’ll never forget the day my son learned the word “mistaken,” he wouldn’t stop saying and yelling it all through the grocery store, in the car on the way home, and all evening he would say, “Mama you were MISTAKEN!!” then he would just laugh and laugh. He was only two, and it was a very big word for him. I’m laughing just writing about it. You’ll be giggling and laughing in no time! You can call someone who was there and relive the moment together.
- Spend some time with little children or animals, there’s a good chance you’ll be laughing in no time. We try to think of what our dog would say if she could talk. You can look up a few jokes to share, or play a game of who can make the silliest faces. If you don’t have any kids or pets of your own, go on YouTube and enjoy other peoples’. I am always amazed at what great moments people catch on video.
- Watch a funny movie, either an old favorite or try a new one with someone you know and love! Really watch it, no phone or other distractions, make some popcorn, have some treats, let your cares fall away for a couple of hours and enjoy the movie and laugh out loud.
What we focus on expands, so let’s take this day, Belly Laugh Day, to focus on having a few good laughs!
Remember, you create your life,
We don’t laugh because we’re happy, we are happy because we laugh. ~ William James
PS – I’d like to extend a special invitation to join me at my 7-Day Life Dream Design Program. We might even find a few chuckles there!
All information, content, and material is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. The information supplied through or on this page, or by any representative or agent of The Wellness Universe, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical, legal, or other professional advice. Health-related information provided through this website is not a substitute for medical advice and should not be used to diagnose or treat health problems or to prescribe any medical devices or other remedies. The Wellness Universe reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason, including, but not limited to, comments that are in violation of the laws and regulations formed pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. None of the posts and articles on The Wellness Universe page may be reprinted without express written permission.
The Wellness Universe is here to serve your best well-being. If you are experiencing anxiety, grief, overwhelm, guilt, anger, or seeking ways to cope and get help for stress, relationships, parenting, or any other issue during this challenging time, we have wonderful resources for you to connect with. Our WU Best Help members are offering reduced rates, sliding scale payment options, and even pro-bono sessions.