How does mediocrity hold you back from your Greatness? Cynthia Miller shares 5 Ways to rise above the state of mediocrity and be the best version of yourself!
Have you always scored above average, but you continue to simply be average?
Are you tired of feeling mediocre and riding the wave of “just good enough” when you know you are capable of so much more? Maybe you don’t have to put in much effort to be ok, but you sometimes wonder what you could accomplish if you had the drive and commitment to do your best.
Maybe you’ve had times when you thought you could do better… “If only I had put more time into it.” “I should have started earlier… I knew I should have listened to my gut instinct.”
Are you letting the fact that you can get away with being mediocre actually in the way of being spectacular?
Remaining in the state of mediocrity will sabotage you. It will keep you from the path you were meant to live. It will steer you away from excellence.
But is this really where you want to be? Just ok? Getting away with being average? Maybe it’s time to show yourself who you really are. Maybe it’s time you step out of your comfort zone and start saying “yes” to making changes in how you live your life.
If you’ve only done just enough to pass and you know you have the ability to do so much more, these tips will help you rise above the fear of success or self-doubt or whatever is causing you to be mediocre. They will propel you on your path toward your greatness and you will see yourself in a whole new light.
Maybe you feel more comfortable when you perform at the same level as everyone else but you wish you didn’t hold yourself back. It’s a matter of making the decision to go for it.
Sometimes it’s comfortable to stay where it feels familiar and secure, where you know what to expect, but it will not give you the feeling of growth and expansion, a very necessary component of living the best of who you are.
It’s up to you to become aware of how the decisions you make moment-to-moment make up the bigger picture. It’s easy to get out of bed at the last minute, rush out the door unprepared, and wing it through the day. You can do just as good as anyone else and you know you don’t have to try very hard.
But what if you took the most challenging path and put some effort into life and started showing up for yourself? It’s more work but the benefits can be realized in a short time when you focus on how to make it happen.
Here are some tips and tools that can help you out of mediocrity and into excellence:
IDENTIFY what area in your life you’d like to take it up a notch.
Choose one area to start: Career, Relationships, Home Life, Self Care, Spirituality etc.
- Put your habits on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being poor & 10 being excellent).
- Write down what is standing in the way of changing poor habits to excellent ones.
- What will it take to change? Most times it’s the decision to do so and the belief that you can.
- Is there something you have to give up to have habits of excellence?
MINDSET may need to shift to shake off outdated beliefs. What beliefs are you holding onto?
- Did someone tell you that you couldn’t do it? Is that still rolling around in your head? It’s time to release someone else’s beliefs that you have taken on and create your own. There are many ways to let go of what you heard in the past. It’s up to you to make that decision.
- Get into the habit of comparing yourself to yourself instead of others. This gives you the essence of your truth and feeling comfortable being yourself, then you can focus on creating belief in yourself.
- Do you need to retrain your brain to focus on the moment and leave distractions behind? When you experience success in doing this it creates more confidence in your abilities. Set a timer when you work, give yourself rewards or implement strategies that get you to the end of a project so you can experience the benefits of focused attention. Then it becomes the norm.
- Experts agree we are molded by events in our past but we have the ability to change our belief system to align with our vision of the future.
EMBRACE your individuality and place a higher value on who you are.
- Ask yourself what unique traits and gifts you have to offer and be more giving of them. This is the secret to separating yourself from the crowd who all think the same way.
- Step into your own perspective and let that be your guide. No one else has this view.
- Recognize your passions and move toward them more often. Doing what you love will bring a more settled peaceful feeling that will help you receive insight for challenges in other areas of your life.
Spend TIME with accomplished people, books, articles that interest you. It is truly profound how the energy transference takes place that supports you in your ascension toward your greatness when you surround yourself with extraordinary energy. It’s only a matter of time before you feel the effects of this simple exercise.
- From here take note of what motivates you and continue to use it as a tool that puts you far beyond procrastination.
- Learn from experts and do the research that will help you with specific projects instead of relying on your own knowledge. This means you have to listen as if you are learning for the first time.
REMEMBER past successes.
- Think of a time when you pushed yourself and accomplished more than you thought possible. Everything flowed into place because you followed your gut and the steps you planned out. This is the feeling you want to bring to every aspect of your life.
- When you experience the feeling of the best performance ever, it becomes the norm, the comfortable and the new status quo and you learn to be at ease with the feeling of excellence.
When you follow these exercises you will feel a shift in your attitude and change in your heart to realize your own greatness.
Cynthia Miller, CHt
Teacher of the Healing Arts, Spiritual Mentor