Perception is everything.
How you view the world has a profound effect on your life and how you live it. Gratitude is something that can make you happier, shifts your mindset, increase confidence and influence deep relaxation. It can result in better sleep and a healthier immune system.
When you practice gratitude, you appreciate life and undergo a return to love, light, and balance.
Here are 50 Ways You Can Practice Gratitude Immediately:
- Keep A Gratitude Journal.
This can be done with a paper journal or an app on your phone. Jot down 3 things daily that you can be grateful for!
- Write A Letter.
Write a letter to someone telling them how much you appreciate them. Letters are almost a thing of the past, so this surprise in the post office mailbox will be a good one!
- Say “I Love You” to Yourself.
Are you your own worst critic? Remember to treat yourself as well as you do others.
Free writing is a great tool for expression, clarification and “brain dump.”
- Share Gratitude.
Share gratitude stories at mealtime.
- Mindfulness of Spoken Words.
Be mindful of your words.
- Gratitude Calendar.
Keep a gratitude calendar.
Donate to your favorite charity to spread gratitude.
- Be Thankful.
Be thankful for the hard stuff. It all makes you who you are.
- Always Say Thank You.
Say “thank you” silently, for everything.
- Enjoy the Little Things.
The morning coffee. A bird singing at your window. The kids doing their homework without being told. All the little things add up to the big things.
- Nurture Friendships.
- Daily Random Acts of Kindness.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
- Share A Positive Post on Social Media.
Tell yourself “I appreciate you.”
- Incorporate Gratitude into Exercise.
Like Patricia Moreno’s SatiLife workouts, Circuit of Change, or yoga.
- Practice Mindfulness.
Take time to be in the present moment.
- Cook with Love.
- Focus on Your Breath.
- Love Everyone.
- Compliment at Least One Person Every Day.
- Try A Gratitude Breath Prayer.
- Try A Gratitude Dance.
- Create A Mandala of Gratitude.
- Count Your Blessings.
- Download a Gratitude iPhone App.
- Start A Gratitude Jar.
- Turn Negatives into Positives.
- Become Involved in A Cause that Is Important to You.
- No Complaints.
- No Gossip.
- Think of Everything as A Gift.
- Avoid Negative Media Content.
- Thank Service People.
You can thank everyone from your postman to the barista.
- Say A Prayer.
If you can take 2 minutes or 2 hours, take time for yourself and go inward.
- Watch What You Say.
- Say 5 Positive Adjectives About Yourself.
- Linger Over Positive Experiences.
- Tell Someone You Love Them.
- Avoid Negative Movies.
You are made up of everything you read, write, watch and observe.
- Send Love and Light.
Send love and light to everyone, including your enemies.
- Gratitude Objects.
Have objects of gratitude in your home. Buddha statues, flowers, crystals and images that make you happy should be kept.
- Hold A Gratitude Ceremony.
- Read A Book on Gratitude.
- Make A Gratitude Collage.
- Partner Appreciation.
Share one thing you appreciate about your partner nightly.
- Hug Your Kids.
- Keep A Gratitude File of Notes, Cards, and Mementos.
My gratitude file is actually in a shoebox, and it does wonders for unhappy moments.
Do you have any tips that have helped you practice gratitude that did not get mentioned above? Please share them with us in the comments section below!
Wishing you a life full of love and may you practice gratitude in all areas of your life!