A remarkable topical healing agent, Tamanu oil, has an unusually high absorption rate and a luxurious feel.
It has a unique capacity to promote the formation of new tissue, accelerating wound healing and tissue regeneration.
According to ethnobotanist Chris Kilham, Tamanu oil is one of the most effective agents in promoting the formation of new tissue, accelerating wound healing, and growing healthy skin. This process is known as cicatrization in medical terms. Essentially, it means that tamanu oil is a powerful skin regenerator.
Tamanu oil is recommended for pain relief in addition to wound healing.
Tamanu oil may fade stretch marks with incredible results. It also works miracles on scar tissue, making scars look less unsightly. BioScience Laboratories conducted a study of Tamanu oil’s ability to improve the appearance of scars. Six subjects with obvious scars aged for one year or more participated in the test. Subjects were not allowed to use moisturizers on their scarred areas for seven days before the test or throughout the nine-week test period. Scars were rated for roughness, length, width, and degree of difference from surrounding normal skin. Measurements of darkness and redness were also taken for scarred and surrounding normal skin. Digital photos of scars were taken prior to the initial application and at the end of week nine. Tamanu oil was applied to the scarred area twice daily for nine consecutive weeks. There was a significant improvement in the appearance of scars after six weeks, and improvement continued through week nine. Scar length was reduced by an average of 0.28 centimeters, and the width was reduced by an average of 0.12 centimeters!
Polynesia, Tropical Asia, brought north to Hawaii from the South Pacific islanders in early migrations.
Amazing Carrier Oil
Aromatherapy products consist mostly of carrier oils with minimal essential oils. Carrier or base oils are used to dilute essential oils and absolutes before they are applied to the skin. Named Carrier Oil because they carry the essential oils onto the skin. These oils do not contain a concentrated aroma, unlike essential oils, though some have a mild distinctive aroma. They do not evaporate but penetrate the skin to deliver their amazing properties. Carrier oils are often mistakenly thought to be of less importance than essential oils, but this would be incorrect.
These oils provide amazing benefits for your skin especially when a synergy is formed between the essential oils and the carrier oils. When blended correctly the results can be spectacular.
- Unique Anti-Inflammatory Coumarins
- Antineuralgic, Antimicrobial, Antibiotic, and Antioxidant properties
- Vitamin F
- Fatty Acids Composition:
- Palmitic Acid
- Stearic Acid
- Oleic Acid
- Linoleic Acid
- Arachidic Acid
- Contributes to skin healing
- Possesses a unique ability to produce and promote the formation of new tissue
- Helps promote the growth of healthy, younger-looking skin
- Penetrates deep into the connective tissues to repair, encourage, and promote healing
- Delivers antioxidant properties
- Protects existing and new tissue from environmental assaults
- Provides remarkable curative and regenerative properties
- Stimulates wound healing
- Repairs scar tissue
- Fades stretch marks
- Carries amazing properties to scars
- Visibly reduces the appearance of physical and chemical burns
- Delivers anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, and regenerative properties
- Protects against overexposure to the sun’s rays
- Remarkable topical healing agent
- Outstanding healing properties:
As a certified Aromatherapist, Organic Skin Care Formulator, and Creative Customer Blender, I work with carrier oils and essential oils to develop amazing products that deliver outstanding benefits to skin and hair.
What are your experiences with Tamanu Oil? Please share in the comments section below!