Square Breathing is also called Samavritti Pranayama.
This is a calming and equalizing breath and can help with meditation and concentration. Using the mantra Om while practicing the square breathing technique will help awaken your psychic channels.
- First make sure that when you inhale, your abdomen expands and when you exhale, your abdomen contracts. Please work on this correct breath before beginning square breathing.
- Inhale four Om’s and visualize rising up the square.
- Hold the inhale four Om’s and visualize gliding across the top of the square.
- Exhale four Om’s moving down the opposite side of the square.
- Hold the air out for four Om’s.
- Begin again.
You can start with 5 rounds and advance in the number of rounds as you feel comfortable.
Don’t hold your breath if you have hypertension or are pregnant.