When you wake up, do you immediately look forward to going back to bed?
When the alarm goes off does it seem as though you just closed your eyes? It’s time to get a good night sleep. After all, it’s amazing what a restful night’s sleep can do for your mind, body, and soul.
Battling chronic exhaustion will either force you to find ways to get more rest or it will bring on reduced levels of success and potential ill-health.
Naturally, you will want to develop an effective sleep routine before your body forces you to rest! Shared below are some tips to help you get good quality sleep, and thus, will experience elevated levels of success and enjoyment in your life.
Here Are 5 Tips for A Better Night’s Sleep and to Beat Chronic Exhaustion:
Make Your Bedroom Your Sanctuary.
Keep your bedroom neat and quiet so you feel calm upon entering. Your bedroom needs to be a getaway from the stress of the day. When a TV is on, even if you aren’t watching it, the light output feels almost as great as the sun. This confuses your body and makes it hard to “shut down” even after you’ve turned off the screen.
- If you have a TV or a home office in your bedroom, it will interfere with your ability to go to sleep. Move the television out of the bedroom or at the very least, try placing a sheet over it so you’re not tempted to watch it before bed.
Keep Your Room Dark.
Your body is designed to sleep when it’s dark. If you are not used to this, try it for a while anyway. Children are used to sleeping with a light on but you will soon realize that it’s a huge distraction in getting to sleep. Pull the curtains closed, turn off all the lights, shut your door, then sleep like you are hibernating!
- Many stores sell “blackout” curtains that block out the sunlight, so the room remains dark. Consider using these curtains to fully darken the room.
Exercise During the Day.
Exercising during the day releases stress hormones to help you feel more relaxed. Most forms of exercise will pep you up and give you more energy immediately afterward so make sure you exercise well ahead of bedtime.
- The energy you receive from daytime exercise will give you more restful nights because your body will be less stressed and more relaxed. You’ll be giving your body a total makeover!
- Even though yoga is considered relaxing, it may keep you awake if done in the evening hours. Plan your exercise routine either in the morning or late afternoon.
Make Yourself A Bedtime Routine.
This doesn’t only work with kids. If you get in the habit of going to bed at a certain time, your body will expect to sleep. Some recommend milk right before bed, as it contains the sleep-inducing chemical tryptophan.
- Create a bedtime routine that involves things that make you tired, such as soft music, a warm shower, light reading material, or journaling.
- Television stimulates the mind too much, which can cause difficulty sleeping. Try recording your favorite nighttime TV shows to watch the next day rather than staying up late.
Leave Daytime Stress Outside.
In order to rest, you’ll want to put aside things that keep your mind whirling. By keeping a calendar of things to do the next day, you can put your mind to rest.
- Make sure you’ve dealt with all the questions that keep you awake like what bills need to be paid, what time the doctor appointment is, and so on before you lay down. This frees you up for sleep.
Once you’ve learned to rest well at night, you’ll experience a huge improvement in your quality of life and levels of success. No more yawning through the mornings and the groggy, grumpy you will be replaced with an energetic person ready to take on life.
So, what are you waiting for? Start a nurturing, nourishing, and relaxing bedtime routine tonight, and you will wake up feeling refreshed, revitalized and ready to greet success tomorrow!
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? I invite you to open the door.
How did this article make you feel? Leave your comments for Moira below. Please share this if you liked it. Thank you!
* Please See Our Disclaimer Below *
Find great products and services for your well-being from members of The Wellness Universe!
Moira Hutchison is a Mindset Cultivator, Energy Healer, and Tarot Card Reader. Her specialties range from helping people with broad goals such as accepting change, life planning, and personal balance, to specific goals like gaining motivation and overcoming issues such as procrastination, excess stress and self-sabotage.