In order to fully transform, we have to address your mindset and beliefs about yourself and what you want.
There are always fears and sabotages that creep in to hold us back. And these fears come from our story. What do I mean by that?
Our story is simply what we believe about what we want and what our experience will be when we have it. It’s time to find your story so you can release it, forgive it and start healing so you can move forward. Your memories and experiences are powerful enough to cause not only emotional pain but also physical pain.
When anger, blame, shame, and resentment live in your body it creates a toxic environment and holds you back. You can use EFT to release past memories, hurts, fears, resistance, and anywhere you feel stuck. It’s going to be an amazing resource and powerful tool for you.
EFT, aka Emotional Freedom Technique, is a form of self-acupressure that helps release fears, misbeliefs, anger, sadness, and other blocks.
We use tapping to do it. You take two fingers to “tap” on different points of your body. I have two ways that I use for tapping, you can use both or switch back and forth until you find one that resonates better with you.
The first is to say the fear or block and then follow it with “I deeply and completely love and accept myself.” By naming the fear, belief, or habit you’re trying to change releases its power over you.
You know how when you say something out loud you recognize it in a different way or it doesn’t seem as scary as it did in your head? It’s the same idea. I find that by saying it out loud and then following it with “I deeply and completely love and accept myself” I’m telling myself “Hey even though right now this is a problem, it’s ok and I’m working on changing it, this won’t be my forever.”
Here are some examples of past EFT scripts I have used:
- “Even though I don’t have any motivation to exercise, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
- “Even though I’m overwhelmed with everything I need to change, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
- “Even though I’m afraid to get what I want, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
- “Even though I’ve never followed through with eating well before, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
- “Even though I have trouble making boundaries, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
The second way I use EFT is what I like to call the “safe” method. You say your new desired state or belief you want with the phrase “it’s safe.”
So, for Instance:
- “It’s safe for me to be healthy.”
- “It’s safe for me to be loved.”
- “It’s safe for me to lose weight.”
- “It’s safe for me to love my body.”
- “It’s safe for me to be in control of my choices.”
- “It’s safe for me to make a change.”
- “It’s safe for me to be happy.”
- “It’s safe for me to not struggle with my health.”
Now, to learn how to actually tap with Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT).
Choose the phrase you want to tap on for this round, and repeat that phrase at each point I’ll take you through:
- You’ll start with two fingers tapping on the outside of your palm, right under your pinky.
- Then move to your forehead between your eyebrows.
- Next, go to outside your eyebrow.
- Then under your eye.
- At the base of your nose.
- On your chin.
- At your collarbone.
- And finally, under your armpit.
It only takes about 2 minutes out of your day to tap so you absolutely have the time.
I recommend making EFT scripts and putting them somewhere you’ll see every day, like the bathroom mirror, on the fridge, at your desk, on your phone screen, next to your bed, etc. Put them around your home in as many places as you need to remind yourself to pause and tap on what you’re working on releasing, healing and conquering. You’ve totally got this!
Remember, forgiveness is key to releasing negative emotions that are holding you back. EFT is how you actively conquer that emotion.
If you have any questions or need help creating EFT scripts, please comment below. I’m here as a resource for you and your health journey.