Statistics have shown that approximately 33% of adults living in America are at risk to develop hypertension (high blood pressure) during their lifetime.
The major risky events which occur as a result of chronic or malignant hypertension are strokes and cardiovascular diseases. High Blood pressure is called the silent disease because many times sufferers do not realize they have hypertension until the symptoms are advanced.
Clinical research has proven that a higher protein intake lowers hypertension by 40%. It was also noted that when high protein diets were combined with high fiber foods symptoms of hypertension further decreased by 51%.
The studies suggested individuals who consumed a diet rich in proteins did not develop symptoms of hypertension.
Proteins which lower Hypertension:
- Whey Protein-lowers blood pressure within 24 hours, lowers cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. Whey protein may be consumed in powder form, porridge, smoothies, or shakes.
- Soybean Protein is a vegetable protein which moderately reduces symptoms of high blood pressure.
- Casein found in cow’s milk tends to lower the systolic blood pressure only.
- Plant proteins-lowered blood pressure by 40% they also prevented the development of hypertension.
Plant Proteins are as follows:
- Brown Rice.
- Wheat Germ.
- Mung Beans.
- Garbanzo Beans.
- Sweet Potatoes.
- Nut Butter.
Plant Proteins not only lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels but they reduce weight, prevent obesity and cardiovascular diseases. Extensive research has recommended daily egg consumption to significantly reduce weight. Researchers also declared processed red meat as being responsible for causing heart failure, heart diseases, and diabetes.
The groups which consumed fish, turkey, and poultry seemed to experience better health, and a diminished risk of exhibiting symptoms of high blood pressure.
A vegetarian diet consisting of plant proteins allowed vegetarians to have normal cholesterol levels as well as lower blood pressure. They are rarely at risk for strokes, cancer or death from cardiovascular ailments.
- Animal Proteins include eggs, meat, fish, and poultry. The arginine contained in the eggs are the main ingredient which tends to lower blood pressure. Animal foods have the highest content of protein and possess amino acids which the body needs to function properly and regulate the blood pressure.
In order to obtain optimal health, it is best to partake in a variety of foods to prevent deficiencies in the body. Deficits in the body will eventually create an imbalance which will cause chronic diseases. A diet which consists of fish, chicken, and low-fat dairy products helps to minimize the risk of heart events.
Therefore, it is best to remember to include a mixture of animal proteins and plant proteins in the diet, occasionally, to remain healthy, free from diseases, and to promote longevity.