As a good seasoned spiritual being, I set intentions, ask and pray for guidance especially when I am in the throes of change, incompletion or indecision. I ask my guides (and yes, they have names and personalities) I ask my angels, I ask Source, God, Jesus, Buddha, Mother Mary, Saint Anne, the fairies – you name it, I include them in my daily litany. Mother Earth, Father Sky let’s not forget them. I write on pretty paper with a lovely pencil – Hello Universe and Angelics, here is what I need today: followed by specific directed instructions for my immediate needs, desires and wants. Please. Thank you.
And, what happens? Sometimes, there may be an answer, a hint via intuitive guidance, movement towards the perceived goal, or the goal itself achieved. And, sometimes nothing happens. NOTHING! An empty blank canvas instead of the business partner I asked for, instead of a new dynamic brilliant idea to spur my business, NOTHING! Urgghh! Am I asking for the wrong things? Do I not believe enough? Am I not spiritual or soulful enough? Or, does it come down to divine timing, not human ego wanting/needing?
One theory is that the Divine, Source energy, the God-head of ALL knows the right and perfect time for all events to occur. And, this knowing will occur on a much different clock from our human time frame. Our human timing is very demanding, wanting what we want right NOW, because we know best! Ha! When the Universe and our ego go hand in hand, we are happy campers because we got what we wanted. However when we do not get what we want in the time frame we demand, we whine, oh boy do we whine. The Universe takes it’s own sweet time, which is really for our benefit. Apparently, Source knows quite a bit more about this life experience than we can perceive.
Recently, I shared my universal timing issues with a friend. Her story is similar to stories you have heard. She asked the Universe for a specific teacher to move her spiritual journey forward. She was ready, she waited, she waited some more, she asked over and over. Then, her daughter had a medical emergency. Six months later after attending to her daughter, she received not one, but two teachers. Her plea and prayers were answered, just not in her human based timing. In reflection, she knew that the timing was impeccable. In the moment, she felt unheard and she wondered what was up. When we shared stories, my friend was able to recall the elegance of divine timing. She would not have been able to assist her daughter and be in training with a new teacher at the same time. Naturally, the daughter would have come first, but she did not need to make that decision. It was made for her. She ended up doing what all moms do best when a child is in need – helping and loving her daughter to health. Now, she is free to focus on her new teachers.
If you are out of step with Divine Timing, consider this:
Who Knows Best?
- We have been shown again and again that the Divine knows best. Yet we spend so much time and energy to try to manipulate our circumstances. Know we are always taken care of even if it does not look like it in the moment. With loving persistence, keep your inspirations in your heart and soul.
- Continue your prayers, intentions and requests. Your deeply felt request is heard, even when you have no specific evidence. ‘Ask and you shall receive’ is in play here. You will receive what you need when the time is right. The operative word is when the time is right – not in our human experience, but in the wiser eye of the Divine.
- Maybe, just maybe you have a life lesson to learn with this timing issue. If you are not receiving your request right away, check into your inner life and see if there is something out of whack. If so, be aware of what is going on – this is the first step towards change. Your soul is always on the lookout to help you navigate life and learn your particular lessons.
- Being in the present allows for trusting the moment you are in – even if it looks dismal. You are loved and protected by Source and this takes a level of trust rather than fear. Are you comfortable with trusting the unknown? Take a breath, have faith, know all is well.
- Allow for the flow of life to occur – go down river! There is no need to paddle like crazy against the current; you will end up tired and frustrated. Let your ego take a vacation and allow your spirit to be heard.
By allowing the Divine to take the lead in your life, relief is yours. Knowing you do not need to fret and worry about what is going to happen, how it is going to happen or when is Zen freedom. You will still use your free will as you continue to do your best while the Divine assists you in your earth dance. Simply heavenly.