If you find yourself feeling frustrated about not living the life you desire, this article can help you move forward in the directions of your lifelong dreams.
When you visualize a result in your life, you imagine what life will be like upon accomplishing that result. If a specific goal you have held onto over the years is not possible for you now, read on.
Let’s say you have always wanted to be a doctor but now, here you are at 40 and feeling like you can’t achieve the one dream you have always wanted. But maybe now you don’t want to spend ten years in college studying or start your desired career. In similar instances, how can you create the life you want using visualization?
Here Is A 7-Step Visualization Exercise for Thought Stability and Making Decisions:
- Before visualizing, adjust what you want in life to achieve a similar result
What if you tweaked that dream just a wee bit so you could visualize accomplishing a revised goal that will bring happiness? Using the above example, you might decide to become a healing practitioner instead.
- You could visualize working in the same setting you wanted to before: a clinic with physicians while managing health issues with patients.
- Be open in your quest
Visualization requires a certain mental flexibility that allows you to encompass all possibilities. What do you want to be doing in your life? What must be done to achieve those goals?
- Allow yourself to openly acknowledge what you yearn to do with your life. When you can do this, you can better visualize your dream.
- Write down your goals, one by one
Doing so will enrich your thoughts about what it will take to achieve your dream. Record tasks you need to accomplish to reach your desired end result. For visualization to work, it is important to know specifically what it is you are going for and the steps you must take to reach or exceed your wants.
- Construct a mental picture
In your mind’s eye, paint a picture of the scene in which you will achieve a desired accomplishment.
- Using the above example, you might imagine where you would be and what you would be doing when you receive your healing practitioner certification. What will you wear? Who else will be present? How will you feel at that moment?
- Have tangible representations of your dream around you
Create an area at home that represents the goal you are striving to accomplish. Using our example, you could display a banner from the local college with a healing practitioner program on a table in your den.
- Touch or hold the items during visualization. Possessing tangible representations of your dreams makes your goals real and will serve as daily reminders for you to pursue your goal.
- Practice your visualization
Spend five to ten minutes daily closing your eyes and imagining the scenes. Ensure you’re sitting in a relaxed position in a comfortable chair. Keep your dream alive by visualizing your success in achieving it.
- The more you repeat your visualizations, the more motivated you will be to take action.
- Ask yourself each day, “What must I do today to create the life I desire”
Your actions coupled with your consistent visualizations will galvanize you to seek whatever it is you want in life. Reflect on how the steps you took today figure into your goal.
When you combine powerful visualizations with deliberate actions, you can have whatever you desire and, in this way, you gain thought stability and making the best decisions becomes a breeze for you.
Now, close your eyes and visualize!
Are you ready to make personal and spiritual changes in your life? Consider a one on one private session with Moira or a reading to free yourself from limitations and open yourself up to greater possibilities? You’re invited to open the door.