Live and let live.
Three words that we tend to avoid and yet, the most powerful. These words embody the one most powerful word ‘LOVE.’
As we live and let others live, we’re giving ourselves the permission to heal and others to heal.
We live in a world where judgment is almost a default-thought in response to most actions. Therefore, it\’s important that we give others a bit more space. Oh, and don’t forget that the worst of this is directed towards ourselves first, even before we project it onto others. So, does this mean we don’t tend to allow ourselves to “live and let live?” Absolutely!
We’re almost too quick to judge ourselves.
This is what makes it easier to then project this emotion onto others than to judge them. The effect of this state of being, and the corresponding actions we take can be enormous, to say the least. They affect us in all walks of life; socially, at work or at home.
Here are only 3 of them:
- Inability to reach our highest goals.
- Thoughts, feelings, and actions of unworthiness.
- Inability to create space for ourselves and hold space for others to develop, grow and make an even greater contribution and impact (this can be at work or home).
On all levels, the concept of developing ourselves and others as leaders in business or life gets hugely compromised. It also affects our quest for personal growth – balancing the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of us.
So, I guess the question you may have in mind now is how do we avoid these 3 self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviours? Or even more to the point, how do we avoid their consequences for ourselves and others?
- Acknowledge your own higher self and power every day – stop playing small.
- Act as if you are in full embodiment of this all-powerful self and its true state. In this state, you can only act and think in your true state of love, gratitude, and magnificence.
- Be your No. 1 fan at all times. It’s the only way you get to fill yourself to the full so you can give to others.
Individual to collective —
As we do this individually, the collective evidence eventually happens at an even greater level. It is the reason why as individuals, we associate ourselves with the kind of people you are likely to bring out the best in us. It is for this same reason that organisations (especially their sales and growth leaders) take time to build a great culture that supports their ethos, growth ambitions and plans.
So, wonderful people, your actionable advice is to take a sheet of paper and write down one thing you will do to “live and let live,” TODAY!
Thank you for reading. Did you find it valuable? If so, please click the ‘share button’ so others can benefit from it too! Stay tuned for Part 2 of this series next week!
How did this article make you feel? Leave your comments for Maggie below. Please share this if you liked it. Thank you!
* Please See Our Disclaimer Below *
Find great products and services for your well-being from members of The Wellness Universe!
For over 15 years Maggie Sarfo has worked with ambitious corporate execs/entrepreneurs on business and personal growth.
Her clients say they eliminate blocks that prevent them from reaching their highest potential; resulting in exponential business growth, purpose identification and development.