Do you live and breathe “organic, non-toxic, chemical-free?” Want to meet other people who have a common interest in non-toxic living? Find them at the next dinner party that you attend!
Check out our tips for weaving ‘healthy’ into standard conversations, plus 35 healthy conversation starters.
Typical Conversation Starter Made
You can weave the topic of ‘healthy’ into nearly every conversation. Once you start a conversation, the back-and-forth-discussion opens the opportunity for health-related conversation.
Here are a few examples of how to weave ‘healthy’ into conventional conversations along with tips for crafting your conversation authentically:
- “I love your shirt! Where did you get it?”
People love, love, love to be complimented. Even when they do an awkward squirm, deep within, they usually feel good about it. This is an awesome way to start conversations.
If given a compliment on your clothes, mention that you’re wearing GOTS Organic certified clothing or that you found this super affordable place to buy GOTS certified clothing for women, men, and children. Or, if you haven’t done either of these, answer with I’m wearing XYZ, but I am going to start buying GOTS Organic certified clothes this year.
- “What was the best part of your day?”
This may take people a moment to think about and answer. But, when they do, they’ll be so grateful you asked. It’s rare that we think about the best parts of our day and share it with others. Plus, it makes people feel good that you’re asking about their day.
If asked this question (e.g., they answer you and then ask what the best part of YOUR day was), here are a few answers that you can customize to fit your day:
The best part of my day was taking a walk and listening to uplifting music. I ate my organic broccoli and chicken dish, threw on my comfy walking shoes and walked around the neighborhood. It was so refreshing and peaceful.
Or, the best part of my day was buying [insert product] my new air purifier with an activated carbon filter. I’m so excited about it!
- “How do you know the host?”
Take their response and wave healthy into follow-up questions like these:
A: “We go to the gym together.”
Follow-up Q: “No kidding! I’ve been looking to join a gym. Do they use non-toxic cleaners at your gym?”
A: “We work together.”
Follow-up Q: “I saw that there’s an organic grocery store near your work. Have you ever been there?”
Healthy Dinner Party Conversation Starters
Using a dinner party conversation starter that’s specifically about healthy living can be a simpler and highly effective method of connecting with people who share an interest in organic, chemical-free living.
Here are 35 healthy conversation starters to use at your next dinner party:
- What is your dream for a healthier world? What does a healthier world look like to you? What do you picture when you envision a healthy world?
- What is your favorite thing to buy organic?
- If you could make any change to become healthier, what would it be?
- What’s the best non-toxic gift you’ve ever received?
- What is your favorite healthy magazine?
- Where is your favorite place to shop for non-toxic clothing?
- If you won the lottery, what’s the most impactful way you’d make a difference in your health? In other people’s health?
- What makes you feel healthy and alive?
- What is your favorite sugar-free dessert?
- What is your biggest fear in making a lifestyle change to fully organic and chemical-free?
- If you had one wish for a healthier world, what would it be?
- What is one way you could help someone live a more organic lifestyle?
- If you were a pet walking on flooring that’s off-gassing chemicals, what would you tell your owner?
- What’s the best advice you’ve gotten for living a healthier lifestyle?
- What is one aspect of your health that you’re grateful for today?
- What is your favorite book about health (mind, body, or spirit)? Why was it your favorite?
- What day have you felt the healthiest?
- What’s the craziest food that you’ve eaten organic?
- What is one organic, chemical-free thing you couldn’t live without or would never go back to buying conventional?
- What is your greatest achievement in creating an organic, chemical-free household and lifestyle?
- Whatisyour best find for an affordable organic product?
- What is your biggest frustration when looking for organic, chemical-free products?
- What is the most impactful change you’ve made health-wise?
- If you had the media’s attention for 15 seconds, what would you say about healthy and organic?
- What is one word that describes your health state?
- If you could adopt a healthy habit from one person at this party or in your life, what would it be?
- If you could change your name to include “organic,” what would it be?
- If you owned your own restaurant, what type of healthy food would you serve?
- If you could alter any recipe to be healthier, what would it be?
- What healthy book would you recommend to others? What was the best book you read that had a healthy element to it?
- What is one of your health goals for the year? Why did you choose it as a goal?
- What is the most expensive thing that you’d buy organic and chemical-free?
- What song gets you dancing and boosts your energy in a positive way?
- If you could make one impactful change in your household, what would it be?
- What fun, healthy family activity would you enjoy doing?
Using these dinner party conversation starters at your next party is a sure way to connect with other healthy-lifestyle people.
Want to create your best organic, chemical-free household? Want simple, strategic tips with high impact? Check out our online classes.
Find great products and services for your well-being from members of The Wellness Universe!
Angela Cummings is a writer, organic lifestyle coach, and presenter with a passion for helping people live their best organic chemical-free lifestyle. Since 2014, Angela has been a professional freelance writer and consultant for individuals and companies internationally.