People that are genuinely healthy and who have a level of vitality exude a radiance that sets them apart from the lethargic masses.
Frail is fine for fainting maidens in old poems and operatic divas, but they are stumbling blocks to people who want to live the unstoppable life of their dreams.
Invest in vitality by making your physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing a high priority. In fact, you should make it your number one priority. We all know the boring basics about eating the right food and exercising daily, however, with all the misinformation and fad diets, it has become hard for people to decipher truth from fiction. This has led to some extreme things and has made taking care of your wellbeing an adventurous chore.
Food for thought, taking care of your health and wellbeing should be a glorious adventure. One that should lead to you gaining more wisdom about what works best for you in maintaining optimal health and wellbeing. This wonderful adventure begins when you involve your whole being with the idea of being fabulously healthy with radiant vitality.
The great thing is that the idea of fabulous health and radiant vitality doesn’t take much time. It is just a matter of substituting one way of thinking for another. See yourself healthy regardless of appearances or history. You have to first make up your mind that you want to be healthy. The rest will follow naturally because healthy people do healthy things.
To enhance your wellbeing and boost your vitality, do these things:
- Speak well of your physical self. Use words such as strong, robust, hearty, vibrant, radiant, fit, and vigorous in referring to yourself, both in conversations with others and in your head. Get rid of words like fat, sluggish, weak, and dull.
- Eat food that’s fresh and alive. If you spend more time eating fast food rather than home-cooked meals, then you have a major problem. If you spend more time in the middle aisles of the supermarket than at the edges where the fresh food is, you are cheating yourself. Enjoy all the fresh fruits and vegetables that you can get your hands on. Hold them, smell them, feel them, and realize the life within them. You don’t get this from fast food or food in the supermarket’s middle aisles.
- Challenge yourself physically. You don’t have to run a marathon, rock climb, or bike for miles on end, it can be something like roller skating, playing ball with your children, or going for a long brisk walk in nature. Respect your limitations and use good sense. If you don’t use it, you will lose it.
- Associate with healthy people. All people are subject to a certain amount of peer pressure. Why not take the opportunity to make the peer pressure positive by being around people whose healthy lifestyle you would like to emulate?
- Become an easygoing person. If it’s not your nature, pretend or as the saying goes “fake it until you make it.” Your blood pressure won’t know you’re faking. Physical activity, being around natural or artistic beauty, and a mental and physical discipline like yoga, meditation, and tai chi are great stress reducers. When you are less stressed, it shows in the radiance and vitality of your face.
Don’t be surprised if people start to ask you “What are you doing? You look different.” What they’re really saying is “you look filled with vitality and radiance and I want what you have.”
Connect with Rochel Marie Lawson on The Wellness Universe and walk away feeling better!
All information, content, and material is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. The information supplied through or on this page, or by any representative or agent of The Wellness Universe, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical, legal, or other professional advice. Health-related information provided through this website is not a substitute for medical advice and should not be used to diagnose or treat health problems or to prescribe any medical devices or other remedies. The Wellness Universe reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason, including, but not limited to, comments that are in violation of the laws and regulations formed pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. None of the posts and articles on The Wellness Universe page may be reprinted without express written permission.
An Amazon #1 Best Seller! The Wellness Universe Guide to Complete Self-Care 25 Tools to Achieve Anything is the book that just might change everything for you. It’s like having 25 expert coaches rolled into one, each teaching you a practice or tool to help you achieve your goals. You’ll find techniques for mind, body, spirit, and soul. You’ll enjoy a multitude of topics and modalities that will assist with better sleep, spiritual magnificence, mindset mastery, enhanced intuition, balanced nutrition, and peak performance in every area of your life.
Both e-Book & Paperback are available.
The Wellness Universe Complete Self-Care Notes & Companion Journals are here to support your self-care journey!
Enjoy a complimentary notes journal for each book The Wellness Universe has published. All books are available on Amazon in our Self-Care series.
The Wellness Universe invites you to SoulTreat Wellness Retreat for Mind, Body, and Spirit. Imagine yourself and your friends in the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina for self-care workshops, talks, and one-on-one experiences with wellness experts from around the globe this October.
Release what no longer serves you. Reset your mind, body, and soul.