One of the most ignored aspects of overall wellbeing is spiritual self-care. Yet, this is absolutely essential to health and wellbeing. The consequences of ignoring this crucial aspect of your health can show up in dramatic ways!
Spiritual wellbeing is where you access peace, bliss, love, compassion, joy, and all the highest qualities of what it means to be human. Spiritual wellness is that place of peace and purpose within that gives you the grace to handle whatever challenges and joys life brings your way.
You can never lose these qualities. They are a permanent part of your being! But you can lose touch with these crucial parts of yourself, especially if you get too caught up in the busyness of life.
One of the consequences of this busyness is that emotional energy doesn’t get dealt with or is not allowed to flow. This stagnant energy clutters up your body and energetic systems like dust bunnies under the couch. And peace becomes a distant memory.
Emotional energy is the power of life itself. When it gets stuck, so does life and connection to our inner beautiful self. How does this show up?
1. Frustrations about not feeling like you are moving forward in your life can show up as pain in the hips, legs, knees, or feet.
Whenever I get frustrated about feeling that I am not moving forward, I know that there is emotional energy stuck in my hips and legs. Sometimes this energy manifests as hip or knee pain. As I support any medical issues that may have shown up here, I also work on clearing the emotional energy that may be stuck. As I do that, more energy starts moving, the dust bunnies clear out, the natural healing ability of the body is stimulated, and the pain goes away as I begin to move forward.
2. Difficulty with digesting your life can show up as digestive problems.
Do you find yourself often looking to others for approval? There can be some pretty big dust bunnies here. The most important recognition comes from you for yourself.
3. Heartache affects the heart and lungs.
A few years ago, I ended up in the emergency room of our local hospital with a sky-high fever and a developing case of pneumonia. I never thought an IV would feel so good! Following the tests and diagnosis, I was sent home with an antibiotic.
As the medicine worked on my body, I worked on emotional, mental, and spiritual issues I felt were contributing to my condition. The lungs are governed by the heart chakra. Using my bowls, toning, and a few other tools, all symptoms were gone in four days. And I had some new clarity on issues within me that had been festering for a while, contributing nicely to creating the pneumonia in the first place. I ended up being grateful for the whole experience.
4. Have you described anyone as a ‘pain in the neck’ lately?
This can actually cause physical pain in the neck.
Or do you have a fear of singing or speaking in front of others?
This fear stifles the voice of your spirit and disconnects you from passion and purpose. This can show up as colds or laryngitis.
I encourage you to look at the aches and pains bothering you and to consider asking if there is an emotional source underneath them. You may be surprised at the number of ‘yes’ answers you receive. As you clear out some of the emotional dust bunnies, you create space and clarity. Your spiritual self loves space and clarity.
Here are a few tips on how to reconnect with that beautiful inner you.
- Sound is one of the most powerful ways to reconnect to your spiritual self, especially the sound of your own voice.
Your spirit or soul thrives on harmony and always motivates you in one way or another, through illness or angst, to return to this state of harmony.
Here is a powerful exercise to reconnect with harmony:
- Bring your awareness to your heart or your heart chakra.
- Think of something you are grateful for. Really feel this gratitude.
- Feel your gratitude expanding to fill your whole body and even beyond.
- When you feel this expanded gratitude, give it a voice. Sing aaah right from your heart and feel gratitude.
- Sing the aaah for at least five minutes or longer. Set your timer on your phone.
- After five minutes of singing, sit in silence for a couple of minutes and notice how you feel.
2. Take a few deep breaths and reconnect with the present moment.
Your spiritual self-thrives when you are living your life in the moment. With each conscious breath you access presence, authenticity, and compassion. Mindfulness is a practice that helps you stay in the present moment.
3. Meditation is a wonderful way to reconnect and strengthen your spiritual self, as is prayer.
4. Movement practices like yoga, chi gong, tai chi, and others feed your body and spiritual connection.
5. Reflection on your values, beliefs, and purpose is spiritual self-care that also strengthens and brings clarity.
Spring cleaning for your spirit lightens the burdens of physicality and allows the sparkling, inner you to shine on everyone in your circles.
All information, content, and material is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. The information supplied through or on this page, or by any representative or agent of The Wellness Universe, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical, legal, or other professional advice. Health-related information provided through this website is not a substitute for medical advice and should not be used to diagnose or treat health problems or to prescribe any medical devices or other remedies. The Wellness Universe reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason, including, but not limited to, comments that are in violation of the laws and regulations formed pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. None of the posts and articles on The Wellness Universe page may be reprinted without express written permission.
The Wellness Universe invites you to SoulTreat Wellness Retreat for Mind, Body, and Spirit. Imagine yourself and your friends in the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina for self-care workshops, talks, and one-on-one experiences with wellness experts from around the globe this October.
Release what no longer serves you. Reset your mind, body, and soul.
www.WUSoulTreat.com – Savings Going on Now