Enhance Your Flow: Understanding Our Moon Cycles
In today’s society, with the mere touch of a finger or a quick voice command, we are able to access and effectively overwhelm ourselves with unlimited amounts of information.
We are a species that loves to learn, so essentially, we are becoming addicted to these machines we use, and are working longer and harder trying to keep up. This causes us to feel like we are swimming against the current, leaving us feeling disconnected and detached from the natural rhythm of the world.
Many people live urban lives, cut off from the earth and its natural cycles. But, it’s essential for our balance and well-being to embrace these rhythms and cycles, allowing us to walk in close harmony with the ebb and flow of nature.
The changing phases of the moon give a visible record of the passing of time. Our moon cycle was recognized, dating back to the earliest of times, as having a powerful effect on human activities and that of the natural world.
The lunar cycle affects the emotional side of human nature: feelings, instinct, receptivity, and imagination. It also determines the human activities that will be most effective during a particular time.
Here’s A Better Understanding of Our 8 Moon Cycles:
The Moon’s full cycle is 29.5 days.
New Moon –
The Moon is positioned between the Earth and Sun, so it cannot be seen from Earth.
- This phase signifies new beginnings.
- This is a great time to write a “To Do” list.
Waxing Crescent Moon –
“Waxing” means the Moon’s illumination is growing and “Crescent” means less than half of the Moon is illuminated.
- This phase signifies intention.
- This is the time to focus on your visions and to clear and refresh your home and/or workspace.
First Quarter Moon –
Exactly half of the Moon is illuminated, and the other half is shadowed.
- This phase signifies decision making.
- This is the time to put your ideas and plans into action.
Waxing Gibbous Moon –
“Waxing” means the Moon’s illumination is growing and “Gibbous” means more than half of the Moon is illuminated.
- This phase signifies refinement.
- This is a time to be constructive and intentional, bringing things to fruition.
Full Moon –
The Sun illuminates the entire moon.
- This phase signifies release and sealing of intention.
- This is a time for exposure and illumination; your plan bears fruit.
Waning Gibbous –
“Waning” refers to the decreasing of the Moon’s illumination, and “Gibbous” means more than half of Moon illuminated.
- This phase signifies gratitude.
- This is a time to share your perspective, information, or ask for help.
Third Quarter –
Exactly half of the Moon is illuminated, and the other half is shadowed. We will see the opposite side than the First Quarter Moon.
- This phase signifies forgiveness.
- This is a time for readjustment or review and to reap the rewards or close a project.
Waning Crescent –
“Waning” refers to the shrinking of the Moon’s illumination, and ‘Crescent’ means less than half of the Moon is illuminated.
- This phase signifies surrender.
- Use this time to close doors, for endings, and personal reflection.
The moon’s cyclical course signifies the rhythm of life within us, as we are cyclical beings.
I hope this has helped to enhance your flow and understanding of Earth’s only permanent, natural Satellite, our moon.