What Is Gratitude?
It generally stands for the quality or feeling of being grateful, thankful, or appreciative. Gratitude is a way to reduce stress, worry, and anxiety. There is actual science behind the concept and practice of gratitude, which I’ll share below. It’s not just “woo-woo.” Gratitude is beneficial for you and shared below, I have compiled 10 gratitude quotes that will motivate you.
Gratitude is a “natural antidepressant,” created through the production of the feel-good hormones dopamine and serotonin in our brain that improves our mood.
In the white paper from Ph.D.’s Russell and Fosha in 2008, “Transformational Affects and Core State in AEDP: The Emergence and Consolidation of Joy, Hope, Gratitude, and Confidence in (the Solid Goodness) of the Self,” they explain the neuroscience behind the concept of gratitude as three areas of benefit: psychological, physical, and social. They conclude that the practice of gratitude leads to a happier, fitter, and better you.
Doesn’t that sound like a wonderful self-care regime? It’s free, easy, and has no side effects
Gratitude raises your vibration level, and when you are in a state of gratitude, it is impossible to feel stress, worry, or anxiety. Let me repeat part of that last sentence. When you are in a state of gratitude, it is impossible to feel stress, worry, or anxiety.
Talk about motivating!
Here Are 10 Gratitude Quotes to Motivate You Today:
- “Being grateful all the time isn’t easy. But it’s when you least feel thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you: perspective. Gratitude can transform any situation. It alters your vibration, moving you from negative energy to positive. It’s the quickest, easiest, most powerful way to effect change in your life — this I know for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Blessed are the grateful. To be happy with what you have is honoring your blessings. When you give thanks blessings will be abundant and infinite.” – Anna Pereira CEO of The Wellness Universe
- “Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” – A. A. Milne – Winnie-the-Pooh
- “I start today with a grateful heart.” – Douglas Ruark
- “The more gratitude you cultivate: the less stress, worry, and anxiety you’ll have in your life.” – Janette Stuart
- “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.” – Johannes Gaertner
- “Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity… it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
- “The miracle of gratitude is that it shifts your perception to such an extent it changes the world you see.” – Robert Holden
- “You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life and you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law, the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given to you.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Find just one thing you feel grateful for right now and let that gratitude pour through your body. It’s a healing balm, like the warmth of the sun.” – Tosha Silver
Since gratitude is important to you, I’d love to have you join Angel Angles Angel Circle of Gratitude group on Facebook to cultivate gratitude further and reduce stress, worry, and anxiety.
Thank you for being on this journey with me and creating a wave of positivity for the world. Your gift of gratitude is a contagion for good in the world.
Blessings of love, joy, and peace.
All information, content, and material is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. The information supplied through or on this page, or by any representative or agent of The Wellness Universe, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical, legal, or other professional advice. Health-related information provided through this website is not a substitute for medical advice and should not be used to diagnose or treat health problems or to prescribe any medical devices or other remedies. The Wellness Universe reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason, including, but not limited to, comments that are in violation of the laws and regulations formed pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. None of the posts and articles on The Wellness Universe page may be reprinted without express written permission.