What brings you joy?
There is no right or wrong answer. Consider the following quote:
Perhaps most important being in a state of joy is a learned skill, not an innate ability.“(¹)
Do you agree with the above quote? Yes, no, or maybe?
One wonderful book that will spark your imagination is Living a Beautiful Life, 500 Ways to Add Elegance, Order, Beauty, and Joy to Every Day of Your Life. (²) Listed below are some tips shared from the book.
Here are 10 Ways to Increase Joy in Your Life:
- All of us work. Whether paid or volunteer, at home or in an office, we should create our own little territory that we can personalize and make our own. You can personalize your work area through color with colored folders, pencils and pens, and desk accessories. Even the paper clips you use, whether they are gold-colored, or a variety of colors, can add a personal touch to your work.
- You can have fresh flowers in your office, even if it’s three daisies in a little vase.
- Personal rituals help you feel good about yourself and others. They reinforce the significance of the simple acts we perform repeatedly. When you make your everyday rituals, simple things like bathing, sleeping, and eating, meaningful and attractive, they nourish other areas of your life.
- When you’re feeling out of sorts and blue, pick up a favorite art book and rejuvenate yourself through the beauty of the pictures.
- Spray cologne in a box of stationery and put the top back on. The wonderful scent will be there for you as soon as you open the lid and write a note. The recipient of your letter will enjoy it as well.
- Lift your mood with a new fragrance.
- Take a few minutes to be alone several minutes each day. Concentrate on your breathing. Meditate. You will emerge refreshed.
- Daydreaming can help the brain promote essential cross-circuiting of your creativity. Give your brain a nap; it works smarter.
- Have a special basket for the mail. It looks pretty and it’s fun to bring into the living room or library to open at leisure.
- Use an attractive letter opener. It helps make mail-opening a pleasant ritual. (²)
These suggestions are a drop in the bucket as to the number of ways you can increase joy and have a more fulfilled life.
Wishing you the best that life has to offer!
Did you know you can find help here? From personal to professional well-being, connect with someone who can guide you to a happier, healthier, and whole life! Become a WU Friend today!
If you provide support or products that make the world a better place and help humanity live in health, happiness, and wholeness, join us as a WU World-Changer.
- (1) Altman, Donald, Copyright©2012 by Donald Altman, The Joy Compass: Eight Ways to Find Lasting Happiness, Gratitude, and Optimism in the Present Moment, ISBN: 978-1-60882-284-3
- (2) Stoddard, Alexander, Copyright©1986 by Alexander Stoddard, Living a Beautiful Life, ISBN: 0-380-70511-7 pages 10-15.
*Adapted from a previously published post dated October 16, 2018
All information, content, and material is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. The information supplied through or on this page, or by any representative or agent of The Wellness Universe, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical, legal, or other professional advice. Health-related information provided through this website is not a substitute for medical advice and should not be used to diagnose or treat health problems or to prescribe any medical devices or other remedies. The Wellness Universe reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason, including, but not limited to, comments that are in violation of the laws and regulations formed pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. None of the posts and articles on The Wellness Universe page may be reprinted without express written permission.
An Amazon #1 Best Seller! The Wellness Universe Guide to Complete Self-Care 25 Tools to Achieve Anything is the book that just might change everything for you. It’s like having 25 expert coaches rolled into one, each teaching you a practice or tool to help you achieve your goals. You’ll find techniques for mind, body, spirit, and soul. You’ll enjoy a multitude of topics and modalities that will assist with better sleep, spiritual magnificence, mindset mastery, enhanced intuition, balanced nutrition, and peak performance in every area of your life.
Both e-Book & Paperback are available.
The Wellness Universe Complete Self-Care Notes & Companion Journals are here to support your self-care journey!
Enjoy a complimentary notes journal for each book The Wellness Universe has published. All books are available on Amazon in our Self-Care series.