What Is Joy?
“The emotion evoked by well-being, success, good fortune, or by the prospect of possessing what one desires.” – Merriam Webster
“A state of mind and an orientation of the heart. It is a settled state of contentment, confidence, and hope.” – Theopedia
In the world we live in, it’s no secret that we all could use a little more joy in our lives from time to time. So, how can you start increasing joy in your own life?
Here Are 9 Best Tips for Increasing Joy:
- When you become aware of the absence of joy in your life, take a few moments to check in with yourself. Notice the limiting or negative thoughts you’re having that are robbing you of your joy and make a conscious choice to replace those thoughts with more empowering ones. Taking these simple steps will bring you back into alignment with the magnificence of who you are, and you will return to your natural state of JOY.
– Marisa Ferrera, Empowerment Coach & Mentor
- Smile often and do not take yourself too seriously! Laugh out loud! Go to bed at night feeling clam and set an intention for the next day that it will be a positive and productive day for you. Practice Gratitude and take time to just breathe and be present.
– Samantha Cervino, Wellbeing Author- Mentor- Energy Healer & WU Ambassador
- To add joy to my day, I put on headphones, turn up the music, and dance!! It is exhilarating!
– Sarah Paris, Founder of incann CBD
- When you have a direct experience of heart energy, for example through deep meditation, you cultivate an unshakeable trust. You just understand how all the different aspects of your life and feelings fit together energetically. From this place, you see more clearly your purpose and how to relate to the universal energy that informs all life. You experience a natural and consistent state of joy and a deeper resilience than mindset alone.
– Hema Vyas, ‘Heart Whisperer,’ Psychologist, Spiritual Mentor, Retreat Leader and Keynote Speaker (Virtual and Live)
- Sit quietly and close your eyes. Breathe deep and slow. Imagine you are filling yourself with positive emotions as if you were filling your gas tank. Think of all the things you love in life and allow these emotions to swell up inside you. Now take these emotions with you wherever you go today.
– Terri Lynn, Author and Happiness Coach
- A quick couple of ways to bring more joy into our lives is to get out in nature and look for things that delight you or put on a favorite song or two and move your precious body. Either of these lifts our vibration towards joy.
– Janette Stuart, Emissary of Joy at Angel Angles and Well-Being and Wonder
- Go to your heart! As Rumi said, “Your heart knows the way. Run in that direction.” So we create the state of heart coherence by focusing your attention to the area around the heart, take a few breaths in and out of the heart, and then feel a good feeling like care or appreciation as you continue to breathe in and out of the heart. Joy, love, peace follows!
– Laurie Levin, Certified Coach and Certified HeartMath Coach
- Do things you really enjoy, go out into Nature and be gratitude, not just have gratitude for something (although that is a great start) Joy is the result of them.
– Corinna Stoeffl, Life Coach and Access Consciousness® Certified Facilitator
- Living in a healthy home helps you feel better physically, emotionally, and spiritually, which leads to clarity and pure joy.
– Angela Cummings, Healthy Home Coach
All information, content, and material is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. The information supplied through or on this page, or by any representative or agent of The Wellness Universe, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical, legal, or other professional advice. Health-related information provided through this website is not a substitute for medical advice and should not be used to diagnose or treat health problems or to prescribe any medical devices or other remedies. The Wellness Universe reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason, including, but not limited to, comments that are in violation of the laws and regulations formed pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. None of the posts and articles on The Wellness Universe page may be reprinted without express written permission.