The moon can be a great beacon to shine a light on how our mental and emotional play well (or not) within us.
~ Jennifer Whitacre
Have you heard “There must be something in the sky” or “Some weird energy is happening; do you feel it too?” this may hold more truth than you realize. Let’s explore!
Hi, I’m Jennifer Whitacre Gardner here to shed light (see what I did there?) on how we can use the energy of the moon to powerfully transform our lives. It’s free, accessible to everyone, and has been both a spiritual and scientific tool since the dawn of time. As much as life depends on sun, water, and food; darkness and the moon are also necessary to sustain us and move us through life in phases and cycles. It’s all part of the elegant design of nature and energy and the interplay between the two.
Tips to get started with your own moon rituals:
1) Get a calendar specifically for this purpose.
2) Note the exact time of the full and new moon events in your time zone each month.
3) Record your emotional and mental states each day.
4) After tracking this for three months, reflect back and look for patterns. Notice if there are patterns in your emotional or mental states that coincide with certain phases or quarters of the moon.
5) Once you start to notice your own patterns, you have something to work with. Develop moon rituals that make sense to you. Here’s an example: I find that I’m more emotional and irrational during the 4th quarter of the moon, which is the week leading up to the new moon. My new moon rituals involve more shadow work, as my emotions show me aspects of myself that are asking for integration, healing, and connection. On the flip side, my full moon rituals tend to be more outwardly focused, involving planning and action steps required to meet my goals.
6) Once you begin your moon rituals, make notes about what worked and what didn’t. Your ritual might involve a bath or shower. Or maybe it is smudging with sage or incense that calls to you. Expressing yourself though journaling, drumming, dancing, grounding, or chanting. Perhaps it is a burning ritual with fire, a unique combination of approaches, or something else entirely.
Whatever it is, make note of changes or stagnations in your emotional and mental states, and adapt your rituals accordingly.
Join the Conversation!
To learn more about Moon rituals, Join the Feeling Good! Club on Clubhouse for two conversations each month, one before the Full Moon and one before the New Moon. The April Full, Pink, Supermoon room will be Sunday, April 25th at 7:00 pm EDT. Don’t miss the conversation!
Connect with Jennifer Whitacre on The Wellness Universe & Walk Away Feeling Better!
>>>Please note, the time and date of future Moon Rooms will be scheduled 24-48 hours prior to the lunar events. In other words, we’re following the rhythmic cycles of the moon rather than our human construct of time. It’s a great way to practice staying in the flow with nature. Stay tuned and flexible as these conversations become part of our monthly rituals!!
Ways to find us on Clubhouse:
· Follow Anna Pereira – @annapereira
· Follow Jennifer Whitacre – @yesandjw
· Join the Feeling Good! Club
All information, content, and material is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. The information supplied through or on this page, or by any representative or agent of The Wellness Universe, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical, legal, or other professional advice. Health-related information provided through this website is not a substitute for medical advice and should not be used to diagnose or treat health problems or to prescribe any medical devices or other remedies. The Wellness Universe reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason, including, but not limited to, comments that are in violation of the laws and regulations formed pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. None of the posts and articles on The Wellness Universe page may be reprinted without express written permission.
The Wellness Universe invites you to SoulTreat Wellness Retreat for Mind, Body, and Spirit. Imagine yourself and your friends in the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina for self-care workshops, talks, and one-on-one experiences with wellness experts from around the globe this October.
Release what no longer serves you. Reset your mind, body, and soul.
www.WUSoulTreat.com – Savings Going on Now
Jennifer Whitacre is an Empowerment Strategist, host of the Yes, And… Podcast, and an author who helps her clients find their unique Life GPS System. It’s her mission to educate & inspire people so they can shift their focus, get unstuck, and move forward in life.