Enjoy The Wellness Universe QOTD for October 21st by Kusha Kalra.
Follow the link at the end of this article to learn how to connect with her.
Here is her expanded thought …
So, what do you do for your Soul? All these years when I used to meet new people, have new conversations, and network I would hear most people asking each other this question– what do you do for a living? It was much later, I realized that living cannot be really defined with the money you earn, the time you spend at work, or the amount of hard work you put in to achieve something. Living, in my view, is to breath in fresh air, not polluted with thoughts of judgments, dissatisfaction, negative affirmations, doubt, fear, anger and all that which will restrict your actions. The air which brings with it thoughts of belief, appreciation, compassion, grace, acceptance, fulfillment, courage, trust and makes the heart beat good blood.
When you are able to inhale this kind of fresh air the soul, which is the core of all things, will become Happy!! Yes! The soul is what matters at the end of the day. When you are out there struggling to define to the world about what you do for a living, if your answer is, “the job you are doing is not worth it, the money you are making is not enough, the talent within is staying buried and not getting used unto it\’s true potential then that is not called living.”
“Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life!!” – Robin Sharma
The point I am trying to make is that anything that makes your soul happy is worth doing.
You just have to ask yourself, the one thing that leaves a tingling effect on you and make it a memory of a lifetime?
What makes your heart beat good blood?
What is your passion?
What one thing would you like to change if there was no fear of any kind?
All these are connected to the person hidden, behind the masks that you wear to give a different outlook to the world, of who you are versus who you actually want to be. As per science, we all are made up of atoms, and energy flows within us, which is linked to the universe which also generates atoms and neutrons.
Your soul is the core that gives signals to the energy flowing within your mind and body. However, it is up to us to decide if the flow will be of positive energy or negative energy
This reminds me of the famous story of the Ubuntu tribe of South Africa – “When someone does something wrong, they take the person to the center the village. There the tribe surrounds the individual for two days, while members of the tribe speak all of the good that s/he has done in their lifetime. The tribe believes each person is good, yet sometimes people make mistakes, which are actually cries for help. They unite in this ritual to encourage the person to reconnect with his/her true nature.”
The most important principle of Ubuntu is Being Compassionate for self.
Every negative thought created in our mind calls for us to focus on the “The Heart of Things” and rewire our brains to shift the lens and look at things from a positive angle. Now, it’s not really going to be easy. In fact, it’s the most difficult thing to do and work upon.
I would like to share what has worked for me every time I float in negative thoughts –
- Talk to your BFF – Find your soulmate, your friend, a partner in crime and blurt it out to them, until you get exhausted to the core. The more you vent, the lighter you feel. This helps in making space in your mind for more things as the clutter gets removed.
- Do your Favourite Things – I love to spend time with my six-year-old son. This makes me charged up, energised and happy. It increases the dopamine levels that help me think better thoughts.
- Measure Up – It is always good to analyse what could be the reason of the negative thoughts in your head. Make a quick checklist of all the good things you have done in the past and have led to success and achieve your goal.
- Be Patient & Persevere – Another favourite quote of mine is “This too shall pass”. Trust me with this – at times it’s just a thought which comes and goes by only if you do not pay heed to it. Say this to yourself that the emotion I am feeling will pass by and I will feel better again.
- Positive Affirmations – This works the Ubuntu way – Every day, make a habit of reading, listening, or talking as many positive affirmations as you can. Complement yourself, give yourself a Pat on the back for your daily WINS. Celebrate and Savour those WINS.
- F.L.Y – Last but not the least, learn to First. Love. Yourself. Give yourself the power to F.L.Y. and make your thoughts, emotions, actions a priority.
You could have your way of feeding your soul with Happy Thoughts. And next time you walk past a new face or a new friend, don’t forget to ask and share with them what you do for your Soul and dive into the Heart of Things that truly matter.
Love & Wishing happiness always!!
The Wellness Universe is your resource for health, wellness, well-being, and transformation. We serve and support professionals who make the world a better place and individuals and groups who seek their best life.
A woman owned company; having the vision in 2013, Anna Pereira launched the first directory in 2015 bringing together a community of members making the world a better place to be found by those seeking their best life. The Wellness Universe has grown since then to be a one-stop shop for total wellness support! We are a vetted community, online directory, book publisher, resource center, event producer, content platform, and so much more, supporting whole-health and well-being on a global scale.
The Wellness Universe is a home that connects industry professionals in the health, wellness, and well-being fields to seekers of total well-being. WU provides our WU World-Changer members with peer support, Wellness Universe produced events (live and online), projects, visibility, business mentoring, and community. Through The Wellness Universe our WU World-Changer members serve WU Friends, seekers of health, wellness and transformation, with coaching, workshops, content and more.
The Wellness Universe provides individuals and groups seeking their best lives with access to our members, wellness content, educational resources, and guidance in all areas of wellness to transform visions of how they want to live life into the life they experience.
Through the directory, WU Featured Blog, SoulTreat wellness retreat, Self-Care Books, group well-being programs, and online learning center, The Lounge, The Wellness Universe provides many avenues to support whole health, mind, body, spirit and planet.