What brings you joy?
There is no right or wrong response. Consider the following quote:
“Perhaps most important being in a state of joy is a learned skill, not an innate ability.“ (¹)
Do you agree with the above quote? Yes, no, or maybe?
One wonderful book that will spark your imagination is Living a Beautiful Life, 500 Ways to Add Elegance, Order, Beauty, and Joy to Every Day of Your Life. (²) Listed below are some tips shared from the book.
Here are 10 Ways to Increase Joy in Your Life:
- All of us work. Whether paid or volunteer, at home or in an office, we should create our own little territory that we can personalize and make our own. You can personalize your work area through color—colored folders, pencils and pens, and desk accessories. Even the paper clips you use, whether they are gold-colored, or a variety of colors, can add a personal touch to your work.
- You can have fresh flowers in your office, even if it’s three daisies in a little vase.
- Personal rituals make you a poet and they help you feel good about yourself and others. They reinforce the significance of the simple acts we perform repeatedly. When you make your everyday rituals, simple things like bathing, sleeping, and eating, meaningful and attractive, they nourish other areas of your life.
- When you’re feeling out of sorts and blue, pick up a favorite art book and rejuvenate yourself through the beauty of the pictures.
- Spray cologne in a box of stationary and put the top back on. The wonderful scent will be there for you as soon as you open the lid and write a note. The recipient of your letter will enjoy it as well.
- Lift your mood with a new fragrance.
- Take a few minutes to be alone several minutes each day. Concentrate on your breathing. Meditate. You will emerge refreshed.
- Daydreaming can help the brain promote essential cross-circuiting of your creativity. Give your brain a nap; it works smarter.
- Have a special basket for the mail. It looks pretty and it’s fun to bring into the living room or library to open at leisure.
- Use an attractive letter opener. It helps make mail-opening a pleasant ritual. (²)
These suggestions are a drop in the bucket as to the number of ways you can increase joy and have a more fulfilled life.
Wishing you the best that life has to offer!
Did you know you can find help here? From personal to professional well-being, connect with someone who can guide you to a happier, healthier, and whole life! Become a WU Friend today!
If you provide support or products that make the world a better place and help humanity live in health, happiness, and wholeness, join us as a WU World-Changer.
– The Wellness Universe
- (1) Altman, Donald, Copyright©2012 by Donald Altman, The Joy Compass: Eight Ways to Find Lasting Happiness, Gratitude, and Optimism in the Present Moment, ISBN: 978-1-60882-284-3
- (2) Stoddard, Alexander, Copyright©1986 by Alexander Stoddard, Living a Beautiful Life, ISBN: 0-380-70511-7, pages 10-15.
How did this article make you feel? Leave your comments for The Wellness Universe below. Please share this if you liked it. Thank you!
* Please See Our Disclaimer Below *
Find great products and services for your well-being from members of The Wellness Universe!
The Wellness Universe is your resource for health, wellness, well-being, and transformation. We serve and support professionals who make the world a better place and individuals and groups who seek their best life.
A woman owned company; having the vision in 2013, Anna Pereira launched the first directory in 2015 bringing together a community of members making the world a better place to be found by those seeking their best life. The Wellness Universe has grown since then to be a one-stop shop for total wellness support! We are a vetted community, online directory, book publisher, resource center, event producer, content platform, and so much more, supporting whole-health and well-being on a global scale.
The Wellness Universe is a home that connects industry professionals in the health, wellness, and well-being fields to seekers of total well-being. WU provides our WU World-Changer members with peer support, Wellness Universe produced events (live and online), projects, visibility, business mentoring, and community. Through The Wellness Universe our WU World-Changer members serve WU Friends, seekers of health, wellness and transformation, with coaching, workshops, content and more.
The Wellness Universe provides individuals and groups seeking their best lives with access to our members, wellness content, educational resources, and guidance in all areas of wellness to transform visions of how they want to live life into the life they experience.
Through the directory, WU Featured Blog, SoulTreat wellness retreat, Self-Care Books, group well-being programs, and online learning center, The Lounge, The Wellness Universe provides many avenues to support whole health, mind, body, spirit and planet.