Imagine if you were healthier just from a few extra chuckles a day? Here are some reasons to laugh more and how you can create the space in your life to incorporate some good ol’ belly laughs, giggles, and rip-roaring moments.
Physical health benefits of laughter
- Boosts immunity
- Lowers stress hormones
- Decreases pain
- Relaxes your muscles
- Prevents heart disease
Mental health benefits of laughter
- Adds joy and zest to life
- Eases anxiety and tension
- Relieves stress
- Improves mood
- Strengthens resilience
Social benefits of laughter
- Strengthens relationships
- Attracts others to you
- Enhances teamwork
- Helps defuse conflict
- Promotes group bonding
These 15 health benefits were found at https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-health/laughter-is-the-best-medicine.htm
Beyond the health benefits of laughter, adding to our social wellness, laughter is a universal language.
It’s a wonderful way to communicate!
Now, when was the last time you laughed? Increasing your well-being by laughing more clearly has its perks physically, psychologically, and socially.
How can you increase your opportunities to laugh more?
- Decrease negativity in your life. Exposing yourself to negative talk, visuals, even the evening news can cause you to worry and stress more even after you have turned it off.
- Increase play. Playtime for adults, whether it be sports, hobbies or doing something fun and exciting gives you the okay to forget about your problems.
- Increase positive people, information, and experiences in your life. This includes disengaging in phone calls and text messages from people who like to stir the pot. Hang out more with your positive-minded friends and loved ones.
- Socialize more. Get out there, make new friends and get involved in conversations about things you enjoy.
- Attend Laughter Yoga or other workshops created to bring out the LOLs.
- Get silly! When was the last time you sang into your hairbrush? Had a bubble gum bubble blowing contest? Let loose and get silly like when you were a kid.
The Wellness Universe believes that if each person is happy, healthy, and whole, they contribute those attributes to the world, ultimately creating world peace.
If every person incorporated practices into their lives that supported their personal well-being, allowing for a more balanced, health-filled life, we believe we can achieve world peace.
The Wellness Universe supports total well-being by bringing together the most eclectic, robust, and supportive community of wellness practitioners supporting those who seek total well-being in the seven areas of wellness as described on the Wellness Universe.
Connect with The Wellness Universe & Walk Away Feeling Better!
* Originally published on December 15, 2017. Edited and adapted.
All information, content, and material is for informational purposes only and is not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. The information supplied through or on this page, or by any representative or agent of The Wellness Universe, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical, legal, or other professional advice. Health-related information provided through this website is not a substitute for medical advice and should not be used to diagnose or treat health problems or to prescribe any medical devices or other remedies. The Wellness Universe reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason, including, but not limited to, comments that are in violation of the laws and regulations formed pursuant to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. None of the posts and articles on The Wellness Universe page may be reprinted without express written permission.
The Wellness Universe invites you to SoulTreat Wellness Retreat for Mind, Body, and Spirit. Imagine yourself and your friends in the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina for self-care workshops, talks, and one-on-one experiences with wellness experts from around the globe this October.
Release what no longer serves you. Reset your mind, body, and soul.
www.WUSoulTreat.com – Savings Going on Now