April 2019 Full Pink Moon –
This month we will be seeing the Full Pink Moon overhead. Although the full moon will peak at 7:12 am April 19th (Eastern Daylight Time) it’s advised by the Old Farmer’s Almanac to view it on the night of the 18th for the best viewing.
Don’t be disappointed if the moon doesn’t actually appear pink. In fact, each full moon’s name has more to do with nature than the appearance of its color.
Each month typically has one full moon. About every 19 years February can see no full moon. Every full moon has a unique name and according to in the Old Farmer\’s Almanac, these names were given to each full moon by Native American. However, it seems that the Full Moon names we use today also have Anglo-Saxon and Germanic roots.
- January: Wolf Moon
- February: Snow Moon
- March: Worm Moon
- April: Pink Moon
- May: Flower Moon
- June: Strawberry Moon
- July: Buck Moon
- August: Sturgeon Moon
- September/October: Harvest Moon
- September: Corn Moon
- October: Hunter\’s Moon
- November: Beaver Moon
- December: Cold Moon
The moon has energy. The relationship between the sun, moon, and Earth cause natural occurrences, emotional and physiological events.
We asked WU World-Changer and Intuitive Guide, Mitchell Osborn, to share with us the significance this Full Pink Moon plays in our life.
Here is his message:
“When a Full Moon occurs, it’s believed to be a great time to release the things in your life that are no longer serving you. Often rituals are performed in order to do this. It can be as simple as setting an intention to let go of that which is no longer serving you for your highest good and greatest growth.
The upcoming full moon, April 19, 2019, is a Full Pink Moon. The Farmer’s Almanac says its name comes from ‘heralding the appearance of the “moss pink,” or wild ground phlox—one of the early spring flowers.’
This particular full pink moon would be a wonderful time to release the worry you may have been carrying over the loss of things: friendship, love, career, money, etc. The color pink is often connected to the heart chakra so it can bring about healing for you as you let go of what’s been holding you back. As you let go, it will be important to vocalize or speak your truth. This can be to a confidant or even privately in a journal. The combined efforts of letting go and speaking your truth will bring about some wonderful growth and healing, or harmony and alignment to your true most authentic self.”
So, prepare for the April 2019 Full Pink Moon!
Think about how you wish to change your life and prepare to dedicate a little time to self-healing by releasing what no longer serves you. Allow room to call into your life what you wish to manifest.
In fact, releasing and letting go was a theme of SoulTreat Spring 2019. As members of The Wellness Universe attended a sacred Native American Fire Ceremony in Sedona, Arizona, they released into the fire what they wanted to let go of and called in what they desired.
You can perform a similar ceremony in the comfort of your own home as you honor your highest self. Here is a modified version of the ancient Native American ceremony. It’s a simple way to release what no longer serves you and you can do this any time you feel burdened or during the times of higher spiritual vibrations or energies in the air.
This is a guide and you are welcome to rephrase to what feel aligned with you:
- Light a white candle is a safe space. You will be burning paper in it, so be aware of the candle accommodating burning paper and take precautions while using fire. Tealights are not recommended.
- Sit quietly and comfortably with a notebook and pen handy. Breathe. Enter into a meditative state.
- Connect to that deep part of you where your truth lives. Once you are there with your thoughts, ask yourself out loud “What no longer serves me, in this moment, that keeps me from experiencing _______________ (love, abundance, financial freedom, joy, etc.)” See what answers come up. Write down your answers on a piece of paper. You will be ‘releasing’ what you write down. Don’t worry if tears flow as you perform this. Tears are a good thing! It’s part of releasing.
- Take a moment to process and breathe.
- Repeat step one, but this time ask yourself: “What serves my highest self in this moment to experience my best life.” Feel your answers to what you really need and what your soul desires. Then say, “Please allow ____________ (forgiveness, confidence, trust, love, money, health, etc.) to enter with ease.” Write down those answers on another piece of paper. These answers are uniquely your own.
- Take the first paper and read out loud what you wish to release. As you focus on letting go of what you have written, fold the paper up and put it in the flame. You can rip it into smaller pieces first if needed.
- Inhale and exhale a cleansing breath. Repeat with the second sheet of paper, setting the intention to call into your life what will serve you.
Use the moon’s energy to help you to take a mindful moment and do a little self-love ritual is always healing.
As we usually have one full moon per month, it should be used as a reminder to honor ourselves in a very special way.
– The Wellness Universe
We have created a safe space to discuss this topic with 4 Wellness Universe Experts. Our goal is to help you heal from your emotional trauma and have health, well-being, and joy in your life once this trauma is realized and released.
Find great products and services for your well-being from members of The Wellness Universe!
The Wellness Universe is your resource for health, wellness, well-being, and transformation. We serve and support professionals who make the world a better place and individuals and groups who seek their best life.
A woman owned company; having the vision in 2013, Anna Pereira launched the first directory in 2015 bringing together a community of members making the world a better place to be found by those seeking their best life. The Wellness Universe has grown since then to be a one-stop shop for total wellness support! We are a vetted community, online directory, book publisher, resource center, event producer, content platform, and so much more, supporting whole-health and well-being on a global scale.
The Wellness Universe is a home that connects industry professionals in the health, wellness, and well-being fields to seekers of total well-being. WU provides our WU World-Changer members with peer support, Wellness Universe produced events (live and online), projects, visibility, business mentoring, and community. Through The Wellness Universe our WU World-Changer members serve WU Friends, seekers of health, wellness and transformation, with coaching, workshops, content and more.
The Wellness Universe provides individuals and groups seeking their best lives with access to our members, wellness content, educational resources, and guidance in all areas of wellness to transform visions of how they want to live life into the life they experience.
Through the directory, WU Featured Blog, SoulTreat wellness retreat, Self-Care Books, group well-being programs, and online learning center, The Lounge, The Wellness Universe provides many avenues to support whole health, mind, body, spirit and planet.